Dev Ops Engineer
We are seeking a highly motivated and self-managed individual to become part of a global team, responsible for the supportability and stability of production systems. This includes but is not limited to collaborating with development teams throughout feature prioritization, development and deployment; triage and resolution of software defects; and identifying and driving application stability improvements. The Application Analyst should be acutely aware of the company’s operational needs and be able to prioritize all work based on business impact.
You should possess excellent oral and written communication skills, an ability to present and discuss technical information with all levels of the business in a way that establishes rapport, persuades others, and gains understanding.
You should have a strong background in Windows products and applications, with proficiency in troubleshooting and diagnosing technical issues, specifically troubleshooting application code, databases, servers, network issues, and the overall interaction between each of these layers. Experience in MSSQL is also essential. This position provides the opportunity to work on global business systems and the ability to learn and develop new skills while working on projects.
Prometric (www.prometric.com) is a trusted test development and delivery provider to more than 300 organizations worldwide. Prometric serves as an industry gatekeeper, ensuring that people legitimately earn the credentials they seek to achieve, and thereby guaranteeing a fair testing experience for all who come through our doors.
- Be self-managed to react to and provide support to both technical and non-technical teams.
- Learn and become subject matter expert on in-house applications as well as standard enterprise systems.
- Take ownership of problems, working with engineering and development teams in order to provide problem resolutions and appropriate proactive monitoring.
- Be a point of escalation for second level support teams.
- Provide expertise on complex issues and technology projects.
- Prioritize, triage and take ownership of escalated problems (PRs).
- Troubleshoot escalated issues and system outages, driving each incident to a resolution.
- Provide timely, accurate business communication to stakeholders regarding critical problems/outages and provide root cause and business impact details.
- Provide Root Cause Analysis reports to stakeholders and management teams.
- Identity and log application defects. Manage defects and drive to resolution wherever possible.
- Analyse current applications/systems and processes to facilitate automation and process improvement.
- Create and update Knowledge Base (KB) articles for workarounds and known errors which are identified throughout the lifecycle of a system problem.
- Drive continuous improvements on current processes, methodology and applications to increase product quality and efficiency
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field or relevant industry experience.
- Understand current processes and offer improvements.
- Support global infrastructure and multiple in-house applications.
- Troubleshooting 3 Tier architecture (web servers, app servers, databases)
- Microsoft Server (Windows Server)
- Database Systems (Microsoft SQL)
- SQL or similar language
- Should have some experience working with XML, JSON and RESTful APIs.
- Automation/Scripting – PowerShell or similar language
- Enterprise Monitoring Software Experience
- Adhering to high financial penalty SLAs
- Some exposure to Scrum methodologies.
- Microsoft Development Suite (.NET, Java, ASP)
- Microsoft IIS
- Network Technologies (routing, switching, F5 load balancing, Cisco)
- Wireshark or other Traffic Capture tools
- Security (Firewall, VPN)
- Production environment experience
- Microsoft Azure DevOps
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting with a high aptitude for complex systems.
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple issues
- Sound decision making with the ability to work under minimum supervision
- Exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written
- Flexible working schedule: must be able to work weekends or late shift when required
PHYSICAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
Prometric is an equal opportunity employer: disability/veteran
- Pay Type Salary
- Job Start Date יום רביעי 12 ינואר 2022
- Job End Date יום שישי 25 פברואר 2022
- Baltimore, MD, USA