1900a Ralph Ave, Brooklyn, NY 11234, États-Unis Numéro de demande 3074
13 mai 2022
For over 117 years, Catholic Charities Brooklyn and Queens has been providing quality social services to the neighborhoods of Brooklyn and Queens, and currently offers 160-plus programs and services for children, youth, adults, seniors, and those struggling with mental illness.
Our HomeBase Homelessness Prevention Programs provide services to those who are at risk of entering a shelter due to rental arrears, overcrowding or substandard housing, and to those who have a prior shelter history as part of aftercare services. Services may include case management, tenant/landlord mediation, advocacy/benefit entitlements, short-term financial assistance, referrals and varied workshops that can help individuals who are at risk of homelessness.
STATEMENT OF THE JOB:
The Administrative Assistant is responsible for maintaining the program in the area of administrative support, bookkeeping, preparing program and participant check requests, and oversight of petty cash. The position requires bookkeeping duties as well as clerical functions.
* Bookkeeping duties.
* Prepare check requests and pay program bills.
* Prepare and keep track of household financial assistance expenditures.
* Set up, organize and maintain confidential files and agency documents.
* Type reports & correspondence.
* Set up & dismantle meeting space.
* Monitor, order & purchase supplies.
* Operate & maintain in working order the switchboard, photocopier, fax machine, computers & printers.
* Accurately take messages, route calls and greet visitors. Mail distribution.
* High School Diploma/GED
* Two years secretarial experience, which includes one year experience in office administration, data entry and basic accounting required.
* Bilingual a plus.
* Computer proficient in Word, Excel, Outlook, &Internet; Access helpful.
* Ability to travel to other sites within the five boroughs as needed,
* Ability to climb stairs.
* Must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
* Regularly required to use their hands & fingers.
* Frequenting walking, sitting, talking, or hearing.
* Occasional standing, climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, or crawling
We offer competitive salary and excellent benefits including:
* Generous time off (Vacation/ Personal Days/ Sick Days/ Paid Holidays annually)
* Retirement Savings with Agency Match
* Flexible Spending Account
* Life insurance
* Public Loan Forgiveness Qualified Employer
* Training Series and other additional voluntary benefits.
For more information on our organization, please visit our website at:
- Type de paie À heure
- Taux min. à l'embauche 35 019,86 $
- Taux max. à l'embauche 39 222,24 $
- 1900a Ralph Ave, Brooklyn, NY 11234, États-Unis