The Mechanical Engineer is responsible for performing engineering analysis to define design requirements, review sustainability of materials and feasibility of proposed processes under daily direction. The position will perform benchmark evaluation of competitive or proposed new products as well as ongoing product improvements utilizing proposed processes or material changes. The position will design prototypes and test product components, sub-systems and fixturing by applying principles and techniques of mechanical engineering.
- Prepare product documentation including, but not limited to, detailed drawings, specifications and inspection criteria as directed.
- Prepare proposed routings, bills of material, and cost estimates for completing the proposed project.
- Perform benchmark evaluation of competitive or proposed new products as well as ongoing product improvements utilizing proposed processes or material changes.
- Utilize problem solving skills in resolving engineering design, product quality and testing issues.
- Design prototypes and tests product components, sub-systems, and fixturing applying principles and techniques of electrical, mechanical, and/or industrial engineering as directed.
- Write technical reports as directed to document engineering analysis and findings.
- Review personal progress within projects on a consistent basis and work to maintain time lines.
- Seek out and demand accurate inputs and produce only quality work product for downstream customers.
- Maintain close contact with associated engineering groups and project teams.
- Perform other duties as required within the nature and level of work.
- Bachelors degree in Mechanical Engineering and one (1) year related work experience with SolidWorks or other CAD software are required.
- Must possess strong analytical, planning, organizational, and conflict resolution skills. Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Word). Ability to manage engineering projects, tasks and be an active member of a project team. Ability to communicate with all levels of a project team. Ability to complete projects on time and within budget.
Physical Demand Requirements
Occasionally required to stand, walk or sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move objects up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Grupo de puestos Engineering
- Función del puesto Office
- Tipo de pago Salario
- Trevose, Feasterville-Trevose, Pensilvania, EE. UU.