We’re seeking a self-starter, dynamic Analytical Lab Chemist to join our dynamic team reporting to the Analytical Lab Manager.
As an Analytical Lab Chemist you specialize in analyzing substances. You would use complex equipment and procedures such as chromatography, electrophoresis, mass spectrometry, and optical spectroscopy to test samples and identify and quantify their components. The work of the Analytical Chemist is of paramount importance to our organization, as it generates information about the make-up and possible interaction of substances that might be turned into a wide array of different products.
If you are a highly motivated self-starter who excels in a fast-paced, competitive environment with limitless potential – Apply now!
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Using a range of software, techniques and equipment to carry out research and analysis.
- Analyzing and interpreting data.
- Perform routine maintenance of equipment and daily quality control testing of analytical methods.
- Calibrate laboratory equipment according to maintenance schedules.
- Design sampling protocols.
- Prepare standards, reagents, and solvents for experiments.
- Prepare reports identifying samples, explaining testing methods, documenting findings, and outlining conclusions of analyses.
- Design and execute experimental procedures, including qualitative and quantitative testing of complex samples.
- Validate and troubleshoot analytical methods.
- Plan, coordinate, and oversee laboratory analyses for compliance actions, emergency response, site studies, health and safety studies, investigations, and remediation.
- Select methods and laboratory procedures and schedule, conduct, and supervise analytical tests.
- Keeping up to date with scientific and technical developments.
- ensuring that health and safety standards are adhered to.
- Preparing product license documentation.
- Liaising with customers, suppliers and research/scientific staff.
- Developing new analytical methods.
- Assist in special projects and other issues as they arise.
- Other skills and duties as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Chemistry.
- A master's degree or Ph. D. viewed very favorably.
- 3-5 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Exceptionally strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Able to challenge conventions in a constructive way.
- Ability to work efficiently under tight timelines and achieve results, while maintaining high quality
- Excellent analytical, teamwork, customer service and leadership skills.
The physical requirements listed in this section include, but are not limited, to the motor/physical abilities and skills require of position in order to successfully undertake the essential duties and responsibilities of this position. In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), reasonable accommodations may be made to empower individuals with disabilities to undertake the essential duties and responsibilities of the position.
While undertaking the essential duties and responsibilities of the position, the employee must repeatedly sit, listen, speak, type and move throughout the facility. Must be capable of using a keyboard for computer purposes.
Our company does not accept unsolicited CVs or applications from agencies. We are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs or applications and explicitly reserve its right to contact candidates presented in such unsolicited CV or application.
Our company provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, sex, color, national origin, sexual orientation, age, disability or veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, Vee Pak complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.