Dining Services - Cafe Cook Per Diem
To prepare, cook and portion all hot and cold food items for the Residents, Patients, Participants, employee cafeteria, and to volunteer for special function meals and other duties as directed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Every effort has been made to identify the essential functions of this position (signified by an asterisk). However, it in no way states or implies that these are the only duties you will be required to perform. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or is an essential function of the position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Reports to work in a clean uniform, with name tag, clean and proper shoes and hair net covering all hair.
- Responsible for proper handling and preparation of food in accordance with sanitary regulations.
- Under general supervision, prepares in specified amounts according to recipes, hot and cold food items for breakfast, lunch and dinner for all services. This includes appetizers, soups, main entrees, vegetables, salads, sandwiches, breads, desserts, accompaniment items and other items as directed in a safe and sanitary manner.
- Daily reads and reviews menu, production sheets, leftover food items and recipes with Cook Team Leader and/or Executive Chef.
- Under general supervision, organizes and plans the work day to meet specific time deadlines and works according to needs in other production and service areas.
- Under general supervision, daily checks refrigerators and plans to correctly utilize left over food items.
- Prepares hot and cold food for regular and modified diets in the following categories:
- Cafeteria hot or cold food items to serve approximately 150-200 employees at lunch and vending requirements as directed.
- Special functions services for Administration, resident/participant, employees, and other activities in the Home and the Heritage.
- Responsible for reducing excessive waste through portion control, preparation methods, etc..
- Responsible for knowing the actual quantities of hot and cold food items prepared, amounts used and leftover at the end of each meal service. Keep an actual record on the production sheet in their respective columns.
- Responsible for food appearance, preparing and arranging in an attractive manner.
- Daily tastes all food items prepared with disposable spoons, to test quality standards.
- Daily places hot and cold food items in their respective positions on the trayline, pantry and Cafeteria service areas.
- Continues hot or cold food preparation, using batch cooking methods and set-up during meal services as needed. Remake hot or cold food items if run outs occur.
- Responsible for completion of advance preparation of food items such as cleaning, dicing and chopping vegetables for soups, entrees or vegetables and transferring frozen food items to respective coolers or storage area etc. Responsible for ensuring one day/advance standard is followed.
- Responsible for storage of food ingredients and utensils.
- Correctly stores leftover food items and other advance preparation by covering, labeling, dating and placing in
- Daily returns to the Executive Chef, complete production and set-up sheet.
- Responsible for immediately reporting malfunctions of equipment.
- Responsible for completing monitors as required:
- Food Temperatures, Blast Chiller, Food Quality
- Responsible for obtaining temperatures of foods prepared.
- Responsible for daily, weekly and monthly cleaning schedule as outlined, returning all cleaning and soap detergent agents to storage area in dish room after each use. Leaves work area clean and in order at the end of each work day. Responsible for any & all additional cleaning assigned by supervisors.
- Maintains kitchen area cooler, freezer, storeroom and other employees work areas in clean and orderly manner.
- Directs the Cook Assistant to set up accompaniment items and utensils required in each Service area.
- Performs other duties as assigned by Supervisor
- Min. A.A.S. degree in Food Service with one year previous experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Familiarity with a variety of cooking methods and procedures.
- Ability to sequence and schedule demands and determining timing for use in equipment.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
WORKING CONDITIONS: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Employee may be exposed to indoor temperature fluctuations.
SUPERVISORY RELATIONSHIP: The work is performed within established guidelines, and requires periodic supervision. The employee exercises some initiative and independent judgment to effectively perform the essential job duties of this position.
The employee is required to ensure personal safety, monitor work environment and make necessary improvements while ensuring the safety of others to include, adhering to regulations set by OSHA, DOH, and facility regulations, to include fire protection/prevention, smoking regulations, infection control, etc. Tasks involved in this position may involve potential and/or direct exposure to blood, body fluids, infectious diseases, air contaminants, and hazardous chemicals.
Maintain confidentiality of all information related to the organization, residents, participants, family and staff, that may be encountered, either formally or informally, during the normal course of business. This includes medical and treatment records, financial and human resources information
I have read this position description and fully understand the requirements set forth therein. I hereby accept the position of Cook and agree to perform the identified essential functions in a safe manner and in accordance with the facility’s established procedures. I understand that as a result of my employment, I may be exposed to blood, body fluids, infectious diseases, air contaminants (including tobacco smoke), and hazardous chemicals and that the facility will provide to me instructions on how to prevent and control such exposures. I further understand that I may also be exposed to the Hepatitis B Virus and that the facility will make available to me, free of charge, the hepatitis B vaccination.
I understand that my employment is at-will and thereby my employment can be terminated at-will either by the facility or myself and that such termination can be made with or without notice. However, in the event that I chose to resign my position, I will give notice a minimum two week notice.
Date Employee Signature
- Tipo de pago Por hora
- Nivel de formación requerido Escuela secundaria