AVP, Expense Management
The AVP of Expense Management is responsible for the development and execution of the expense allocation methodology between legal entities and lines of business, the implementation and application of the expense allocation methodology within the general ledger, and the ongoing reassessment of the allocation methodology with transformational changes in the company. The AVP of Expense Management will be a key contributor to the budgeting and forecasting of expenses in line with anticipated growth, as well as the monthly and quarterly assessment of expense results for FGH Parent and subsidiaries. This position will be involved in building out the expense accounting internal control environment to a public company standard.
The ideal candidate must have expense allocation and reporting experience as well as public company Sox controls experience. This position requires the business and financial acumen to handle complex situations. This position will report into the Expense Controller.
- Develop, create, and execute a strategic vision for continuously upgrading the expense allocation infrastructure, automating processes, and simplifying the operating model.
- Establish the allocations framework by partnering with the Controllers and Finance Transformation organizations.
- Partner with various internal organizations to provide support for required expense data, inclusive of the Actuarial organization in relation to providing the necessary expense inputs to facilitate cash flow testing.
- Establish and maintain a transfer pricing methodology. Assist with review of the transfer pricing documentation and quarterly cost allocations.
- Build out financial reporting process and controls to support the expense allocation framework to a public company standard.
- Assist in the performance of quarterly expense controls supporting the internal control environment.
- Assist in the preparation and analysis of quarterly and annual expenses in comparison to historical and forecasted results.
- Assist in expense related preparation of quarterly earnings reports, MD&A and annual audited financial statements including footnotes, statutory filings (Blue Books, Yellow Books and Green Books) and rating agency reporting.
- Facilitate and assist with external audits, related testing and the completion of audit work papers.
- Review and compile expense data including posting general ledger entries for various expense related activity under both GAAP and STAT accounting.
- Minimum 5 years accounting experience, with 2 or more years of expense management and allocation experience with an insurance company.
- Professional accounting designation - CPA preferred.
- Expense reporting and public company controls experience required.
- Demonstrated strong analytical and project management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to apply U.S. GAAP and STAT expense related accounting principles and reporting.
- Experience with Life, Annuities and Property Casualty lines of business highly preferred.
- Experience with SAP general ledger and SAP Analytics highly preferred.
- Proven track record for exceeding expectations on various, simultaneous projects with tight deadlines.
- Capable of communicating and expressing ideas clearly and concisely, in both written and verbal formats.
- Review forecasts and trends and identify potential issues and opportunities.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products, with strong proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Ability to build and maintain working relationships with internal and external partners, including accounting, compliance, actuarial, management, and systems personnel from junior staff to executive level.
- Grupo de puestos FA - Finance
- Función del puesto AVP
- Tipo de pago Salario
- Nashville, Tennessee, EE. UU.