Resource Assistant; 5805-403-A
For over 117 years, Catholic Charities Brooklyn and Queens has been providing quality social services to the neighborhoods of Brooklyn and Queens, and currently offers 160-plus programs and services for children, youth, adults, seniors, and those struggling with mental illness
Our Early Childhood Development Centers provide education, health, nutrition, and parent-community involvement services to children from low-income families. Through the Montessori approach the center ensures children are ready for school by providing a variety of developmentally appropriate activities that promote cognitive, social, emotional and physical development. Our Early Head Start Centers are open to children age 6 weeks old to 3 years old. Additionally, our Head Start Programs are open to children age 3 years old to 5 years old.
STATEMENT OF THE JOB
The Resource Assistant provides administrative support to Vice President, and Policy Council of Head Start of Early Childhood Services. Support includes advanced clerical tasks, minutes recording and distribution, scheduling/reservations and bookings for a variety of functions, document production, creation and distribution. As a member of the administrative support team for Early Childhood Services, the Resource Assistant collates and reviews on an on-going basis, the collection, recording and reporting of all in-kind data to ensure compliance with the Federal Performance Standards (i.e. matching costs meet the standards of allowability specified in Federal Cost Principles). Develops and maintains tracking systems and procedures to monitor and review important time-sensitive compliance requirements, such as, Consultant contract renewals and in-kind.
- Organizes and schedules meetings/ appointments as per Vice President.
- Produces and disseminates correspondence memos, letters, faxes, and forms.
- Collates and reviews on an on-going basis, the collection, recording and reporting of all in-kind data to ensure compliance with the Federal Performance Standards (i.e. matching costs meet the standards of allowability specified in Federal Cost Principles).
- Works with Agency Support Services Depts. (Fiscal, Accounts Payable, Payroll etc.) to address program issues or needs.
- Prepares check request, purchase orders, and other fiscal documents related to the operation of the ECS Office.
- Works with ECS Office team to ensure audit readiness by maintaining accurate, current and organized files/records for the ECS office, including data systems i.e. CACFP, ChildPlus™ and AWARDS™ CCNS’ Client Registry.
- Minimum of Associate’s Degree in Office Technology, Data Systems, Accounting or related field , or a High School Diploma with a minimum of 5 years prior experience with data management.
- Minimum 2 years prior work experience in office administration or systems analysis.
- Knowledge of Bookkeeping and Agency policies, procedures and systems preferred
- Demonstrated proficiency in computer applications, including Microsoft Office, Excel, Access, etc.
- Ability to travel for meetings, conferences, and trainings both within the five boroughs and outside of the five boroughs.
- May be required to lift at least 10 lbs.
We offer competitive salary and excellent benefits including:
- Generous time off (Vacation/ Personal Days/ Sick Days/ Paid Holidays annually)
- Retirement Savings with Agency Match
- Life insurance
- Public Loan Forgiveness Qualified Employer
- Training Series and other additional voluntary benefits.
For more information on our organization, please visit our website at: www.ccbq.org EOE/AA.
- Tipo de pago Por hora
- Tasa de contratación mínima $47,048.80
- Tasa de contratación máxima $52,694.66
- Se requiere desplazamiento Sí
- Nivel de formación requerido Título universitario asociado
- 191 Joralemon St, Brooklyn, NY 11201, EE. UU.