Reports To: General Manager/Manager/Shift Supervisor
Department: Café Operations
FLSA Status: Non-exempt Hourly
Au Bon Pain dishwashers play a critical role in the café; in addition to washing dishes, they are central to running a safe and sanitary business. Washing dishes at Au Bon Pain is a great first job, or entry into the restaurant business. We LOVE to promote from within and many of our dishwashers go on to work in other jobs within the company. Get your great start with us!
The Dishwasher/Utility Position is responsible for maintaining a clean and sanitized kitchen by washing equipment and utensils. This position is also responsible for removing trash, cleaning bathrooms, maintaining equipment and stocking supplies while ensuring a CLEAN, FAST and FRIENDLY café environment. If you enjoy making people smile while working with a great team and being part of a Company that is a great place to work, we want you as a Dishwasher/Utility Team Member!
- Maintain supply of sanitized kitchen items by collecting dirty items, such as, dishes, pots, pans, and utensils; washing items by hand; verifying cleanliness; returning items to inventory.
- Maintain safe and healthy back of the house environment by following procedures and standards and sanitation codes.
- Maintain a clean and organized station; including but not limited to sweeping, mopping, wiping counters, garbage, stocking and restocking product and wrapping and storing product properly.
- Clean and maintain dining room as needed.
- Assist with stocking bakery items, ref-con products, soups and other café items.
- Assist with Coffee Station as needed.
- Be professional in all interactions with guests and team members.
- Work together as a team to achieve efficient operations.
- Other related responsibilities as assigned.
Dishwasher Job Requirements:
- Must be 18 years or older
- Strong attention to detail and time management
- Passion for quality, safety and sanitation
- Excellent communication and listening skills, can read, write, and speak English
- Friendly attitude and team player who will contribute to the culture and standards of Au Bon Pain
- Decision maker with ability to work independently
- Urgent, proactive demeanor
- Ability to maintain a standing position for extended periods of time (up to 6 hours at a time).
- Ability to move around the café to attend to the needs of guests
- Ability to move, lift and handle equipment, supplies and other objects weighing up to 25 pounds.
- Ability to position self to move items weighing up to 25 pounds from floor to shelves and cabinets above and below counter height
- Tipo de pago Por hora
- 22 S Greene St, Baltimore, MD 21201, EE. UU.