Assistant Line Operator 1st shift
Assistant Print Line Operator
We're Not Just in the Packaging Business–We're in the "Wow" Business
Pregis is Hiring!
Why Join Pregis North America?
It’s an exciting time to work for Pregis! We are constantly innovating and continue to serve the needs and be a strong partner to our customers. We empower our employees to operate in a socialized environment and welcome diversity of thought. Pregis LLC (www.pregis.com) is a leading manufacturer, marketer and supplier of innovative protective packaging products and solutions to a variety of industries. Pregis’ Private Equity partner is Warburg Pincus, together focused on investment in growth. The Company’s broad product offerings provide protection to meet customer needs in three segments: inside the box, surface protection and mailing and bagging solutions.
We are focused on growth; the company has grown in the last 5 years by “Wowing” its customers. Pregis has experienced significant growth organically and through acquisition, expanding our capabilities to meet customer needs and enhancing our ability to deliver value in a rapidly changing environment.
Privately PE owned, with nearly 2,300 employees in 24+ North American facilities and additional manufacturing operations across Europe. Our reach continues to increase with the growing global demand for a strong protective packaging partner, working through a strong network of distributors, fabricators and converting partners with support teams ready to provide industry leading service.
Pregis is seeking experienced Assistant Line Operator to join our team
We are looking for Assistant Line Operators under the direction of VP operations and or Dept Supervisor oversees hourly employees to ensure the production of the highest quality products at the lowest possible cost, while meeting company standards for quality and performance, customer specifications and delivery requirements, in accordance with TMS policies and procedures.
Elk Grove Village, IL
- Possess and demonstrates developing leadership qualities. Use leadership skills to direct press crews in the efficient operation of the company’s machines
- Reads and understand all information on job ticket pertaining to a specific job. Ensures that all necessary components to produce the job are present. Does not move forward on any job with conflicting information.
- Fully understands how to achieve print quality and register equipment to produce required quality and can achieve acceptable registration within specified M/R standards.
- Understands all technical aspects of press controls and can set up and operate; splicer, gluer, Straub applicators, Label Applicators, rotary cutter, register systems, etc.
- Understands tension controls, and ancillary equipment. Knowledge of how to web up the line, capable of setting glue rollers, changing plates, cylinders and glue pads. Has the ability to perform minor mechanical repairs and adjustments.
- Performs Cleaning as required according to TMS Standard Operating Procedure 1.01 and as directed by the First operator.
- Fully understands and maintains accurate counts on every job
- Maintains a safe work environment
Required Education, Experience and Qualifications
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- 3+ Years of progressive print manufacturing experience
- Experience running Printing Press
Our Growth Culture
We thrive in an open transparent environment where we constantly challenge our team members to share their diversity of thought by incorporating round table discussions, regular 1.1’s and maintaining a collaborative environment.
Pregis Core Values
Integrity-The quality of being honest and having strong moral principles; moral uprightness. Here at Pregis, we value our people and expect the highest quality from each.
Collaboration-Combination action of a group of people, especially when effective and efficient. Pregis strives to hire people that want to win as a team. We look for these qualities when interviewing and value the people that want to strive for the greater good!
Customer Focus- We recognize that having a strong customer focus means having a strong contribution of overall success. We are about putting our customers and their satisfaction first! When recruiting for the right fit, we strive to find this quality in our candidates as a priority for both internal and external customer basis.
Innovation- Here at Pregis, we are always innovating and keeping up with the newest technology to stay proactive within the market.
Affirmative Action/EEO Statement/Inclusion
We offer equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type based on race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. We support inclusion and believe in welcoming a collective sum of individual differences, thoughts, traits, and characteristics to represent Pregis’ culture and achievements.
Visit us at www.pregis.com for more information about Pregis LLC.
Related keywords: printing, art, hiring immediately, print production, print
Job Type: Full-time
- Grupo de puestos Operations
- Función del puesto Plant Management
- Tipo de pago Por hora
- Reno, Nevada, EE. UU.