Project Landscape Architect
At Stewart, we put great emphasis on serving and leading our employees, clients, communities, and professions. We believe that every employee has an impact on our company and our community. What we do is significant and legacy building. Our work is not only about footings, beams, and columns, or roads and bridges, or surveys and inspections, or parks or community planning. We are strengthening our communities through the building of hospitals, office buildings, schools, housing, places of worship, roads to mobilize people, parks and greenways to enjoy the beauty of nature, and thoughtful community plans that delineate the future growth. We love to see how our employees’ contributions enhance our communities.
Stewart is seeking a design-focused creative-type for a Project Landscape Architect position. You will work in a highly collaborative design-based process utilizing the skills of in-house experts from multiple disciplines. While working under the supervision of a Project Manager, you will assist in visualizing designs and work on a diverse array of projects ranging from campus design, urban design to large scale master-planning, parks, and community spaces. This position affords you a great range of responsibility and strong development within the studio. We love to recognize, leverage, and develop each of our team member’s individual skillset, interests, and experience. If you are ready to grow, then we should talk!
Stewart is pleased to offer a hybrid work schedule to support employee wellbeing and drive our collaborative work model.
- Visualize projects through both hand and digital graphic techniques in the form of Sketchup, Lumion, Rhino, Revit, Civil3D and the Adobe suite.
- Assist with creation and editing of landscape and site drawings using AutoCAD.
- Under supervision of the Project Manager, complete site analysis, landscape architecture design, and renderings for projects and coordinate the site layout, hardscape, furnishings, grading design, and site details.
- Assist Project Manager with planning, scheduling, developing, and coordinating project documentation.
- Perform design in accordance with accepted standard of practice and with local codes, ordinances, and statutory requirements having jurisdiction over the project.
- With a commitment to a collaborative design process, coordinate and effectively communicate with fellow employees across other disciplines, with clients, and with jurisdiction reviewers and staff.
- Perform quality control reviews and activities ensure safe, high-quality products are delivered to our clients.
- Perform limited technical studies and investigations for a variety of conditions present at project sites.
- Conduct QA/QC of drawings and specifications.
- Perform Construction Observation and Administration related duties such as site visits, field reports, shop drawing & submittal review, and respond to contractor RFIs.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Landscape Architecture required.
- Professional Landscape Architect license required.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience required.
- Thorough knowledge of landscape architecture design and methods related to site development activities.
- Sound judgment and skills to defend decisions and methodologies used to arrive at chosen solution or decision.
- Knowledge of federal, state, and local codes and permitting requirements.
- Proficient skill and experience with AutoCAD and other site design software.
- Driver’s license preferred.
- Demonstration of successful permitting experience preferred.
- You believe Trust, Humility, Respect, Excellence, Accountability, and Discipline are important values to embrace and live out.
- You value diversity of thought, contributing new ideas and perspectives while also respecting different points of view.
- You must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for an employment-based visa.
Working Conditions and Physical Demands:
You are willing and able to work in a professional, climate-controlled office environment with moderate noise levels and exposure to lots of light, both natural and artificial. Workstations are in an open space layout with frequent collaboration and interactions from co-workers throughout the day. Within the office you are willing and able to constantly operate a computer and other office productivity peripherals, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer. Additional requirements include providing on-site technical assistance by occasionally accessing client or construction sites with varying terrain.
Landscape Architecture at Stewart focuses on the convergence of thought-leadership, design excellence, and interdisciplinary collaboration to carefully craft the exterior fabric of our communities. We are a passionate collective of Landscape Architects with a diverse portfolio throughout our resurgent urban cores, academic and corporate campuses, residential communities, vital park systems and beyond. We offer a “leadership through interdisciplinary collaboration” approach where our creatives collaborate with our other disciplines to ensure a fully integrated and responsive design strategy. This process results in the creation of spaces and places that balance the needs of the users, clients, and the environment.
- Pay Type Salary
- Stewart - Durham, 101 West Main St., Durham, North Carolina, United States of America