Project Manager, Landscape Architecture
At Stewart, we put great emphasis on serving and leading our employees, clients, communities, and professions. We believe that every employee has an impact on our company and our community. What we do is significant and legacy building. Our work is not only about footings, beams, and columns, or roads and bridges, or surveys and inspections, or parks or community planning. We are strengthening our communities through the building of hospitals, office buildings, schools, housing, places of worship, roads to mobilize people, parks and greenways to enjoy the beauty of nature, and thoughtful community plans that delineate the future growth. We love to see how our employees’ contributions enhance our communities.
Stewart is seeking a creative, design-focused Project Manager in our downtown Charlotte studio. You will work with a highly collaborative, design-based team utilizing the skills of in-house experts from multiple disciplines. You will work on projects ranging from campus design, urban design, mixed-use, to large scale master-planning. We will want you to lead the day-to-day management of complex, multi-disciplinary projects. This position allows you to have an in-depth involvement in the design of our projects, while assuring they meet all necessary expectations of design quality, schedule, and budgets. While working under the supervision of our Raleigh Studio Leader, you will help lead the design of projects as well as the mentorship of design staff. In addition, we work collaboratively across all four of our Landscape Architecture studios and you will have a chance to be exposed to experiences outside your immediate studio. Our Landscape Architecture practice is creative, full of passion, and has a drive to excel. If you share in this passion for our profession, we hope you will join us!
- Collaborate with Studio Leader, client, and stakeholders to define project scope, goals, deliverables, resources, budget, and timeline.
- Monitor utilization rates, labor summaries, and coordinate scope and pricing changes.
- Manage and execute projects from beginning to end while remaining profitable, on-schedule, and within budget constraints.
- Provide clear, effective, and constant communications with clients and team members, ensuring a high quality of work performed and high level of client service.
- Lead a project design team and assist the Studio Leader with staff development.
- Coordinate with the client and other design professionals while taking projects through municipal and local jurisdictional requirements
- Utilize your exceptional communication and interpersonal skills to supervise staff for assigned projects, interface with clients and other discipline managers, and engage in marketing and business development to build lasting relationships with clients.
- Embrace and live out our values of Trust, Humility, Respect, Excellence, Accountability, and Discipline.
- Practice and promote diversity of thought and diversity of projects, contributing new ideas and perspectives while also respecting different points of view.
- Bachelor of Science in Landscape Architecture (or equivalent), required
- Licensed Professional Landscape Architect (PLA), required
- Minimum 7 years of experience in the landscape architecture industry with landscape architecture focus, required
- Advanced knowledge of Landscape Architecture design requirements and principles required to plan, design, and detail site and land development projects
- Understanding of various jurisdictional codes and regulations and application to specific projects
- Advanced knowledge of software used in landscape architecture design and plan production
- Previous project management experience, preferred
- Previous construction observation experience, preferred
- Valid Driver’s License, preferred
Working Conditions and Physical Demands:
You are willing and able to work in a professional, climate-controlled office environment with moderate noise levels and exposure to lots of light, both natural and artificial. Workstations are in an open space layout with frequent collaboration and interactions from co-workers throughout the day. Within the office you are willing and able to constantly operate a computer and other office productivity peripherals, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer. Additional requirements include providing on-site technical assistance by occasionally accessing client or construction sites with varying terrain.
Landscape Architecture at Stewart focuses on the convergence of thought-leadership, design excellence, and interdisciplinary collaboration to carefully craft the exterior fabric of our communities. We are a passionate collective of Landscape Architects with a diverse portfolio throughout our resurgent urban cores, academic and corporate campuses, residential communities, vital park systems and beyond. We offer a “leadership through interdisciplinary collaboration” approach where our creatives collaborate with our other disciplines to ensure a fully integrated and responsive design strategy. This process results in the creation of spaces and places that balance the needs of the users, clients, and the environment.
- Pay Type Salary
- Stewart - Uptown Charlotte, 101 N. Tryon St., Charlotte, North Carolina, United States of America