Geomatics Office Technician II
At Stewart, we put great emphasis on serving and leading our employees, clients, communities, and professions. We believe that every employee has an impact on our company and our community. What we do is significant and legacy building. Our work is not only about footings, beams, and columns, or roads and bridges, or surveys and inspections, or parks or community planning. We are strengthening our communities through the building of hospitals, office buildings, schools, housing, places of worship, roads to mobilize people, parks and greenways to enjoy the beauty of nature, and thoughtful community plans that delineate the future growth. We love to see how our employees’ contributions enhance our communities.
If you’re looking to continue your career in the Land Surveying industry in an environment that encourages professional growth and rewards hard work, the Geomatics group at Stewart is the place for you. Our Geomatics staff is immersed in an exciting, fast-paced working environment that performs work on diverse projects, including locally administered (municipal) projects, universities, private/commercial developments, and more! If you are interested in joining the fun and professional Geomatics team at Stewart, please apply today!
In this exciting role, you must be able to work as a collaborative member of the delivery team performing calculations, drafting, researching, performing quality assurance of field data, and other associated duties, all with minimum supervision. You will assist in the performance of boundary, ALTA, topographic, existing conditions, right-of way, transmission line, transportation, construction, and other types of field surveys, then perform initial quality control of the final deliverable. Be ready to flex and develop your leadership skills as you collaborate with our Geomatics leadership team on projects and help to equip our field crews.
- Minimum of 4 years of relevant experience.
- High School Degree or equivalent required.
- Associate Degree or Coursework in Surveying and/or Drafting preferred.
- Pass a drug test.
- Driver's License required; able to pass a driving record check.
- Knowledge of Geomatics and Land Surveying services, such as SUE, GIS, photogrammetry, etc. and demonstrated skills with associated equipment.
- Demonstrated arithmetic and mathematical skills to perform calculations, as well as basic computer skills.
- Experience with AutoCAD Civil 3D and MicroStation preferred.
- NSPS Certified Survey Technician certification or Survey Intern preferred.
- You must be willing to perform work after regular business hours, on weekends, and sometimes on holidays when necessary, including overtime when required.
- You must be willing and able to occasionally travel overnight as required.
- You believe Trust, Humility, Respect, Excellence, Accountability, and Discipline are important values to embrace and live out.
- You value diversity of thought, contributing new ideas and perspectives while also respecting different points of view.
- You must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for an employment-based visa.
Working Conditions and Physical Demands:
You are willing and able to work in a professional, climate-controlled office environment with moderate noise levels and exposure to lots of light, both natural and artificial. Workstations are in an open space layout with frequent collaboration and interactions from co-workers throughout the day. Within the office you are willing and able to constantly operate a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer. Additional requirements include providing on-site technical assistance by occasionally accessing client or construction sites with varying terrain.
Stewart’s Geomatics group captures, processes, and delivers spatially acquired data in a wide variety of avenues to include traditional land surveying, global positioning systems, laser scanning and unmanned aerial systems (drones). This information can be presented through traditional CAD drawings, Geographic Information Systems (GIS), 3D models, photography, videography, or combination thereof. If you love technology, the outdoors, and the built environment, then jumpstart your career and join our amazing team of technicians and professionals. If you’re lucky (and licensed), we might even let you take one of our drones out for a joyride.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Stewart - Uptown Charlotte, 101 N. Tryon St., Charlotte, North Carolina, United States of America