At Stewart, we put great emphasis on serving and leading our employees, clients, communities, and professions. We believe that every employee has an impact on our company and our community. What we do is significant and legacy building. Our work is not only about footings, beams, and columns, or roads and bridges, or surveys and inspections, or parks or community planning. We are strengthening our communities through the building of hospitals, office buildings, schools, housing, places of worship, roads to mobilize people, parks and greenways to enjoy the beauty of nature, and thoughtful community plans that delineate the future growth. We love to see how our employees’ contributions enhance our communities.
Stewart is seeking a Professional Land Surveyor (PLS) to join the management team within the Survey vertical of our Geomatics practice. In this exciting and dynamic role, you will oversee survey operations currently being performed out of our Columbia, South Carolina office. Our Geomatics staff is immersed in an exciting, fast-paced working environment that performs work on locally administered (Municipal), SCDOT, university and other great projects. If you are looking to continue your career in the Survey industry in an environment that encourages professional growth and rewards hard work, please apply today!
- Overall management of the survey vertical at the Columbia office location, including oversight of projects, client development/retention, financial success/profitability, and personnel and general administrative management.
- Preparation of proposals including negotiations with clients, budgets, tracking data, etc.
- General oversight of projects and appropriate crisis management as required.
- Financial success/profitability of the team.
- Mentorship and development of both senior and junior staff.
- Development of new clients, business leads, and new business plans alternatives as required to ensure success of the team.
- Leadership in a variety of local, state, and national organizations supporting professional, business development, industry, and community/non-profit missions.
- Representation of Stewart as a presenter/speaker/thought leader within surveying and other allied professions both on the local, state, and national levels.
- 15 plus years of Technical Experience in Survey
- Professional Land Survey license (PLS) in the State of South Carolina, licensure in other states preferred
- Advanced AutoCAD and Microstation skills preferred
- Valid driver’s license and able to pass a driving record check
- Able to pass a drug test
- Willing and able to travel regularly, sometimes overnight, and work overtime as required
- Dependable and physically able to work outdoors and on construction sites in all weather conditions as may be required
- You believe Trust, Humility, Respect, Excellence, Accountability, and Discipline are important values to embrace and live out
- You value diversity of thought, contributing new ideas and perspectives while also respecting different points of view
Working Conditions and Physical Demands:
You are willing and able to work in a professional, climate-controlled office environment with moderate noise levels and exposure to lots of light, both natural and artificial. Workstations are in an open space layout with frequent collaboration and interactions from co-workers throughout the day. Within the office you are willing and able to constantly operate a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer. Additional requirements include providing on-site technical assistance by occasionally accessing client or construction sites with varying terrain.
Stewart’s Geomatics group captures, processes, and delivers spatially acquired data in a wide variety of avenues to include traditional land surveying, global positioning systems, laser scanning and unmanned aerial systems (drones). This information can be presented through traditional CAD drawings, Geographic Information Systems (GIS), 3D models, photography, videography, or combination thereof. If you love technology, the outdoors, and the built environment, then jumpstart your career and join our amazing team of technicians and professionals. If you’re lucky (and licensed), we might even let you take one of our drones out for a joyride.
- Pay Type Salary
- Stewart - Columbia, 717 Lady Street, Columbia, South Carolina, United States of America