Geospatial Field Technician II
At Stewart, we put great emphasis on serving and leading our employees, clients, communities, and professions. We believe that every employee has an impact on our company and our community. What we do is significant and legacy building. Our work is not only about footings, beams, and columns, or roads and bridges, or surveys and inspections, or parks or community planning. We are strengthening our communities through the building of hospitals, office buildings, schools, housing, places of worship, roads to mobilize people, parks and greenways to enjoy the beauty of nature, and thoughtful community plans that delineate the future growth. We love to see how our employees’ contributions enhance our communities.
If you are looking to start or continue your career in the Geomatics Industry in an environment that encourages professional growth and rewards hard work, the Geomatics group at Stewart is the place for you. Our Geomatics staff is immersed in an exciting, fast-paced working environment that performs work on diverse projects, including locally administered (municipal) projects, universities, private/commercial developments, and more! If you are interested in joining the fun and professional Geomatics team at Stewart, please apply today!
In this exciting field role, you will assist Geomatics Geospatial Field Supervisors with work on many different types of projects, seeking the locations of natural features and man-made structures on the Earth’s surface, underground, and underwater, all while enjoying time in the great outdoors! Project types you will learn and work with include, but aren’t limited to, asset collection surveys, GIS surveys, UAS remote sensing, Laser Scanning, and others. You will represent Stewart in a safe and professional manner - exhibiting honesty, practicing good ethics, and adhering to traffic laws/practicing safe driving habits.
- High School Degree or equivalent required.
- 2 Years of relevant experience, required, in Land Surveying roles such as Surveyor, Survey Rodman, Survey Technician, Instrument Operator, GIS field technician, UAS or HDS.
- Experience with Trimble, Leica, and Carlson equipment and software.
- Experience with ESRI field collection applications preferred (e.g. – Collector, Survey 1 2 3, Field Maps).
- Experience with UAS (drone) procedures and applications preferred.
- NSPS Certified Survey Technician preferred. You will be required to attain this certification within your first year of employment.
Driver’s license required.
- Able to pass a drug test and driving record check.
- Basic arithmetic and mathematical skills to perform calculations, as well as basic computer skills.
- You must be willing to perform work after regular business hours, on weekends, and sometimes on holidays when necessary, including overtime when required.
- You must be willing and able to travel overnight as required.
- You value diversity of thought, contributing new ideas and perspectives while also respecting different points of view.
- You believe Trust, Humility, Respect, Excellence, Accountability, and Discipline are important values to embrace and live out.
- You must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for an employment-based visa.
Working Conditions and Physical Demands:
You are willing and able to perform the physical demands of the position, including squatting, bending, lifting up to 50 lbs., climbing ladders, traversing difficult terrain, and accessing construction sites in all weather conditions. You are willing and able to frequently move and operate land surveying equipment.
Stewart’s Geomatics group captures, processes, and delivers spatially acquired data in a wide variety of avenues to include traditional land surveying, global positioning systems, laser scanning and unmanned aerial systems (drones). This information can be presented through traditional CAD drawings, Geographic Information Systems (GIS), 3D models, photography, videography, or combination thereof. If you love technology, the outdoors, and the built environment, then jumpstart your career and join our amazing team of technicians and professionals.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Stewart - Raleigh Geomatics Office, 5410 Old Poole Road, Raleigh, North Carolina, United States of America