Senior Project Manager, Landscape Architecture
At Stewart, we put great emphasis on serving and leading our employees, clients, communities, and professions. We believe that every employee has an impact on our company and our community. What we do is significant and legacy building. Our work is not only about footings, beams, and columns, or roads and bridges, or surveys and inspections, or parks or community planning. We are strengthening our communities through the building of hospitals, office buildings, schools, housing, places of worship, roads to mobilize people, parks and greenways to enjoy the beauty of nature, and thoughtful community plans that delineate the future growth. We love to see how our employees’ contributions enhance our communities.
Stewart is seeking a motivated, creative, design-focused landscape architect for the Senior Project Manager position. You will work in a highly collaborative environment utilizing the skills of in-house experts from multiple disciplines. Through a methodical design-based process focused on thought leadership, you will work on projects ranging from campus design, urban design and mixed-use developments to large scale master-planning, institutional facilities & community spaces. We will want you to lead the day-to-day management of complex, multi-disciplinary projects that often include several consultants outside of our organization. This position allows you to have in-depth involvement in the design of our projects, while assuring they meet all necessary expectations of design quality, schedule and budgets. While working under the supervision of our Durham Studio Leader, you will manage teams of designers and landscape architects, help lead the design of projects, mentor design staff and play an integral role in the growth and management of the studio. We get excited about each individual on our team as we look to leverage their skillset, interests, and experience. While every project you work on may not be equally amazing, every person you work with at Stewart will be remarkable and we want you to be part of that experience!
- Assist Studio Leader with staff development and identifying training needs
- Collaborate with Studio Leader, client, and stakeholders to define project scope, goals, deliverables, resources, budget, and timeline
- Responsible for the management of projects including interfacing with clients, other discipline managers, and, local, state, and federal review staff
- Provide clear, effective, and constant communications with clients
- Coordinate drawings with Architects and other consultants
- Responsible for quality of the work performed, client service, utilization of staff, reputation of office, contract management, and project profitability
Responsible for project financial wellness including completing projects within budget and according to profitability goals, invoicing and accounts receivable.
- Assist in the adherence of Quality Control/Quality Assurance policies
- Assist in the preparation of project proposals, response to RFPs, and actively conduct business development as directed by the Studio Leader
- Actively pursue and communicate project opportunities
- Represent the firm at various public and private functions
- Bachelor’s or Graduate Degree in Landscape Architecture required.
- Registered Professional (PLA) required.
- Minimum 12 years of experience preferred.
- Experience on varied project types, including but not limited to urban design, campus design, park design and mixed-use design
- Advanced knowledge of Landscape Architecture design requirements and principles
- Ability to develop constructive and cooperative working relationships with others, and maintaining them over time, even after project completion
- Ability to lead, coach, inspire and motivate teams of people
- You believe Trust, Humility, Respect, Excellence, Accountability, and Discipline are important values to embrace and live out
- You value diversity of thought, contributing new ideas and perspectives while also respecting different points of view.
Working Conditions and Physical Demands:
You are willing and able to work in a professional, climate-controlled office environment with moderate noise levels and exposure to lots of light, both natural and artificial. Workstations are in an open space layout with frequent collaboration and interactions from co-workers throughout the day. Within the office you are willing and able to constantly operate a computer and other office productivity peripherals, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer. Additional requirements include providing on-site technical assistance by occasionally accessing client or construction sites with varying terrain.
Landscape Architecture at Stewart focuses on the convergence of thought-leadership, design excellence, and interdisciplinary collaboration to carefully craft the exterior fabric of our communities. We are a passionate collective of Landscape Architects with a diverse portfolio throughout our resurgent urban cores, academic and corporate campuses, residential communities, vital park systems and beyond. We offer a “leadership through interdisciplinary collaboration” approach where our creatives collaborate with our other disciplines to ensure a fully integrated and responsive design strategy. This process results in the creation of spaces and places that balance the needs of the users, clients, and the environment.
- Pay Type Salary
- Stewart - Durham, 101 West Main St., Durham, North Carolina, United States of America