MAINTENANCE/GROUNDS - GATLINBURG EAST KOA
Are you looking for a fun work environment close to the beautiful outdoors? Then this position might be the perfect fit for you. Experience the great outdoors first-hand in the Maintenance/Grounds position working to maintain our pristine grounds and facilities while greeting guests traveling from all over North America. At our campground, we have the honor of being a part of guests long-awaited vacations and all the fun that comes with it. The Maintenance/Grounds position is integral to the guest experience as we provide top-rated sites, amenities, and customer service including escorts to sites, firewood delivery, and more. The full job description is listed below.
ABOUT GATLINBURG EAST / SMOKY MOUNTAIN KOA HOLIDAY
Are you ready for an adventure? Located only seventeen miles from downtown, our KOA Holiday is the perfect place for campers to stay while they explore Gatlinburg. Situated on 16 landscaped acres, we offer several amenities such as disc golf, horseshoes, a playground, a pool, a pavilion, and several nearby trail heads. Our campground acts as a home base for campers looking to explore Gatlinburg, Great Smoky Mountain National Park, and more. With spacious full hookup RV sites, cabins, and tent sites, campers can pick the pace of their travel. We have the best experience for every kind of camper, from those who love to rough it in the great outdoors, to visitors who prefer a bit more comfort.
ABOUT KAMPGROUNDS OF AMERICA, INC.
Kampgrounds of America, Inc. (KOA) is the world’s largest network of privately owned campgrounds and the leader in outdoor hospitality. KOA has 525+ locations across the United States and Canada including a mix of franchised and company-owned parks. KOA has approximately 90 employees at its corporate headquarters in Billings, Montana, and 1200+ across its location. Founded in 1962, the mission of KOA is “connecting people to the outdoors and each other,” and those who represent the brand share the values of being family-oriented, passionate, entrepreneurial, customer-focused and progressive.
Maintenance/Grounds Team Supervisor, Campground Manager and/or Operations Manager
Responsible for the general maintenance and upkeep of the campground buildings, facilities, equipment and grounds. (This position will occasionally do housekeeping and guest services work)
- Perform basic carpentry, electrical and plumbing repairs, and maintenance to campground buildings, facilities, equipment and grounds as directed by the Campground Manager, the Operations Manager or the Maintenance Supervisor.
- Implement daily, weekly and monthly maintenance and cleaning programs as instituted by the Campground Manager, the Operations Manager or the Maintenance Supervisor, including the pool/spa, lawn mowing, weed eating, landscaping, garbage pick-up, propane pumping, game machine, laundry servicing and various other campground equipment upkeep.
- Comply with all KOA, federal, state and local safety programs by adhering to established guidelines in the operation and storage of various equipment, tools, and chemicals, ensuring your safety, as well as that of fellow staff and campground customers.
- Provide superior customer service by being attentive, responsive and helpful to guests needs. Report all customer problems, requests or complaints to the Campground Manager, the Operations Manager or the Maintenance Supervisor.
- This job description is not intended to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
- Campground buildings, facilities and grounds are well-maintained and fully operational.
- Projects are completed properly, safely and timely.
- Demonstration of a positive attitude with guests, management, and team members.
- Use of safe work practices for a secure work environment for staff and campground guests.
- Basic knowledge of electrical and plumbing equipment and installation
- Basic knowledge of chemical properties, handling, and usage
- Basic knowledge of propane and gasoline dispensing
- Valid Driver’s License
- Ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays
- Capable of working independently and as part of a team
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds, lift and carry 25 pounds occasionally and 10 pounds regularly
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 10 pounds without assistance
- Long periods of standing
- Ability to bend, kneel, stoop, crouch and climb
- Must be able to operate various loud and vibrating maintenance tools and equipment
- Requires the use of hands/fingers to handle or feel
- Able to travel by auto
- Able to work inside and outdoors frequently and in various climates
- Capable of moving safely over uneven terrain
Kampgrounds Of America, INC. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and strives to provide an environment where all employees and applicants are treated with respect. The company is committed to fair treatment of all persons. This value ensures employees and candidates are treated equally, and are protected from discrimination or harassment of any kind. This includes discrimination on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, gender, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, or any other protected status.
- Pay Type Hourly
- 4874 Hooper Hwy, Cosby, TN 37722, USA