ABOUT KAMPGROUNDS OF AMERICA, INC.
Kampgrounds of America, Inc. (KOA) is the world’s largest network of privately owned campgrounds and the leader in outdoor hospitality. KOA has 525+ locations across the United States and Canada including a mix of franchised and company-owned parks. KOA has approximately 90 employees at its corporate headquarters in Billings, Montana, and 1200+ across its location. Founded in 1962, the mission of KOA is “connecting people to the outdoors and each other,” and those who represent the brand share the values of being family-oriented, passionate, entrepreneurial, customer-focused and progressive.
Responsible for the daily operations of the campground, and other various duties specified by the General Manager. In the absence of the General Manager manages the property and operations.
- Determine, implement, and maintain a proper personnel operation by hiring, training, and scheduling employees for various positions according to the campground payroll plan and in conformity with the employee handbook policies.
- Maintain the standards and cleanliness of the campground in accordance with the Quality Assurance Index and direct staff to correct any deficiencies on a regular basis.
- Assist the Campground Manager in monitoring compliance of all KOA policies, programs & procedures, including the safety program as outlined in the campground safety manual.
- Ensure strict control of cash generated by the campground and conduct audits of all cash sources on a periodic basis.
- Aid the Campground Manager in the compilation of annual operation and capital budgets, which are to be implemented and controlled as approved.
- Coordinate with the Store Manager or Assistant Manager to plan, organize, and manage of the campground store. Conduct weekly meetings together to achieve desired results and create new sources of revenue.
- Assist the Campground Manager with the implementation of customer service, marketing, and public relations programs designed to attract new customers, and build a strong repeat customer base.
- Organize all camping club/group functions by coordinating reservations, activities, and food service preparation. (in the absence of an onsite Group Coordinator)
- Provide excellent and friendly guest service by being attentive, responsive and helpful to all guests needs.
- Present a positive, professional impression with a well-groomed appearance, smile and proper uniform and nametag.
- This job description is not intended to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
- Demonstrates strong leadership skills.
- Courteous, qualified and well-groomed staff in proper uniforms and nametags.
- Leads by example to sustain an atmosphere of excellent guest service.
- Well-maintained and safe campground including all facilities and grounds.
- Well managed and organized group functions
- Achievement of desired results and new income sources within the campground store
- Adheres to all KOA programs, policies, and initiatives and ensures staff does also
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Hear and speak the English language fluently
- Excellent employee & customer relations skills & ability to manage confrontation
- Able to lead and serve as a role model
- Ability to work in a fast-paced work environment
- Strong decision-making ability
- Ability to read and maintain a budget
- Motivated, goal oriented and results driven
- Basic facilities management abilities including safety issues, i.e., propane and gasoline dispensing requirements and safe handling of hazardous materials
- General knowledge of computers and connectivity
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Able to work nights, weekends, and holidays
- Valid driver’s license
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds, lift and carry 25 pounds occasionally and 10 pounds regularly
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 10 pounds without assistance
- Long periods of standing (75%), or sitting
- Ability to bend, stoop, kneel, crouch, and climb
- Requires the use of hands/fingers to handle or feel
- Able to travel by auto
- Able to work inside and outdoors frequently and in various climates
- Capable of moving safely over uneven terrain
Kampgrounds Of America, INC. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and strives to provide an environment where all employees and applicants are treated with respect. The company is committed to fair treatment of all persons. This value ensures employees and candidates are treated equally, and are protected from discrimination or harassment of any kind. This includes discrimination on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, gender, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, or any other protected status.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Sunbury, OH 43074, USA