ABOUT KAMPGROUNDS OF AMERICA, INC.
Kampgrounds of America, Inc. (KOA) is the world’s largest network of privately owned campgrounds and the leader in outdoor hospitality. KOA has 525+ locations across the United States and Canada including a mix of franchised and company-owned parks. KOA has approximately 90 employees at its corporate headquarters in Billings, Montana, and 1200+ across its location. Founded in 1962, the mission of KOA is “connecting people to the outdoors and each other,” and those who represent the brand share the values of being family-oriented, passionate, entrepreneurial, customer-focused and progressive.
Campground Manager and/or Operations Manager
Responsible for greeting and registering guests as they enter the park after business hours and maintaining a safe and peaceful environment throughout the night.
- Provide excellent customer service by being attentive, responsive and helpful to guests needs. Report all customer problems, requests or complaints to the Campground Manager and/or Operations Manager.
- Require that all guests are registered using KOA’s night registration procedures before entering campground.
- Ensure all guests follow established campground rules and regulations and tour the campground buildings, facilities and grounds on a regular basis.
- Write daily/nightly reports of activities that occur during each shift. Reports must be submitted to the Campground Manager and/or Operations Manager on a daily basis.
- Immediately report any violation of campground rules and regulations that has the potential to harm or endanger the safety of any KOA customer, guest or employee to the Campground Manager and/or Operations Manager.
- Immediately report any medical emergency of a KOA customer, guest or employee to the Campground Manager and/or the Operations Manager.
- This job description is not intended to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
- Speak the English language fluently
- Basic knowledge of propane and gasoline dispensing
- General knowledge of computer and cash register operation
- Ability to work nights, weekends and holidays
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds occasionally, and lift & carry 10 pounds regularly
- Moderate periods of walking, standing, and some bending
- Ability to operate a golf cart
- Able to work inside and outdoors frequently and in various climates
- Long periods of standing, sitting, bending and kneeling
- Requires the use of hands/fingers to handle or feel
Kampgrounds Of America, INC. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and strives to provide an environment where all employees and applicants are treated with respect. The company is committed to fair treatment of all persons. This value ensures employees and candidates are treated equally, and are protected from discrimination or harassment of any kind. This includes discrimination on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, gender, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, or any other protected status.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Employment Indicator Seasonal
- Min Hiring Rate $15.00
- Travel Required No
- Job Start Date Sunday, May 15, 2022
- Job End Date Sunday, October 23, 2022
- 118 Pendleton Hill Rd, North Stonington, CT 06359, USA