FOOD & BEVERAGE TEAM-Breakfast Cook
ABOUT KAMPGROUNDS OF AMERICA, INC.
Kampgrounds of America, Inc. (KOA) is the world’s largest network of privately owned campgrounds and the leader in outdoor hospitality. KOA has 525+ locations across the United States and Canada including a mix of franchised and company-owned parks. KOA has approximately 90 employees at its corporate headquarters in Billings, Montana, and 1200+ across its location. Founded in 1962, the mission of KOA is “connecting people to the outdoors and each other,” and those who represent the brand share the values of being family-oriented, passionate, entrepreneurial, customer-focused and progressive.
Campground Manager and/or Operations Manager
Responsible for the overall operation of the food and beverage service including the direct control, delegation and supervision of all duties required for efficient and profitable operation.
- Maintain an efficient staff by hiring, training, coaching and scheduling employees for all positions, according to the campground payroll budget.
- Ensure staff works together as a team to ensure optimum service that meets guest needs.
- Ensure the safety and well-being of guests and staff.
- Promptly and professionally handle guest concerns/complaints and communicate problems to Campground Manager and/or Operations Manager.
- Educate and train all team members to ensure that the food and beverage operation meets all county, state, and federal codes.
- Assess and maintain proper inventory levels and turnover rate through an inventory control system as directed by the Campground Manager and/or Operations Manager.
- Conduct a monthly inventory on the last day of each month and provide Campground Manager and/or Operations Manager with an accurate inventory report and purchase price sheet.
- Achieve the planned sales budget, without exceeding operations, payroll, and various expense budgets.
- Ensure proper cash controls by following specific KOA cash and credit card handling procedures.
- This job description is not intended to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
- All areas of the food and beverage operation are clean, properly stocked and well maintained.
- Adherence to all KOA, federal, state and local standards and codes.
- Well trained and knowledgeable staff that can do their job timely and efficiently.
- A safe work environment for guests and staff.
- Professional attitude dedicated to serving the need of our guest with a willingness to exceed guest expectation.
- Food and beverage operation is within budget and profitable.
- Hear and speak the English language fluently
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to read and maintain a budget
- Knowledge of various restaurant equipment
- Knowledge of computer and cash register operation
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays
- Excellent customer services skills
- Ability to lead and serve as a role model
- Must have sound judgment and discretional skills and be able to work with little or no supervision
- Prior food and beverage experience
- Maintain current food handler certification with ability to train staff
- Basic knowledge of local and state alcohol beverage laws
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds occasionally and 25 pounds regularly
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 10 pounds without assistance
- Long periods of standing (75%), bending and kneeling
- Requires the use of hands/fingers to handle or feel
- Ability to work in hot, humid, cold and wet conditions
Kampgrounds Of America, INC. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and strives to provide an environment where all employees and applicants are treated with respect. The company is committed to fair treatment of all persons. This value ensures employees and candidates are treated equally, and are protected from discrimination or harassment of any kind. This includes discrimination on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, gender, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, or any other protected status.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Job Start Date Saturday, May 7, 2022
- Job End Date Monday, October 31, 2022
- Bar Harbor, ME, USA