GUEST SVCS SUPERVISOR
ABOUT KAMPGROUNDS OF AMERICA, INC.
Kampgrounds of America, Inc. (KOA) is the world’s largest network of privately owned campgrounds and the leader in outdoor hospitality. KOA has 525+ locations across the United States and Canada including a mix of franchised and company-owned parks. KOA has approximately 90 employees at its corporate headquarters in Billings, Montana, and 1200+ across its location. Founded in 1962, the mission of KOA is “connecting people to the outdoors and each other,” and those who represent the brand share the values of being family-oriented, passionate, entrepreneurial, customer-focused and progressive.
Campground Manager and/or Operations Manager
Supervise the front desk, registration and store to ensure the highest level of customer service is provided to all guests and maintain profitable store operations.
- Daily supervision and scheduling of guest services staff. Provide mentoring, coaching, training and regular feedback to help maintain a high functioning, cohesive team who work well independently and as part of a team.
- Present a positive, professional impression with a well-groomed appearance, smile and proper KOA uniform and nametag.
- Provide excellent and friendly guest service by being attentive, responsive and helpful to all guest needs.
- Respond to guest complaints and take corrective action to achieve complete guest satisfaction.
- Ensure all KOA guidelines and procedures are adhered to regarding the handling of registrations, reservations, store sales, and refunds.
- Apply proper cash controls by following specific KOA cash and credit card handling procedures.
- This job description is not intended to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
- All guests are greeted immediately with friendly, helpful and professional guest service delivery.
- Demonstration of a positive attitude with guests, management, team members, and vendors.
- Careful and accurate money handling.
- Promotion of this KOA and entire KOA system.
- Well trained and knowledgeable staff that can do their job timely and efficiently.
- Hear and speak the English language fluently
- Ability to read and maintain a budget
- Knowledge of computer and cash register operation with a firm understanding and working knowledge of KampSight
- Ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays
- Excellent customer services skills
- Ability to lead and serve as a role model
- Must have sound judgment and discretional skills and be able to work with little or no supervision.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Must display very good organization and time management skills.
- Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with many types of personalities.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds, lift and carry 25 pounds occasionally and 10 pounds regularly
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 10 pounds without assistance
- Long periods of standing (80%)
- Ability to bend, stoop, kneel, crouch, and climb
- Requires the use of hands/fingers to handle or feel
Kampgrounds Of America, INC. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and strives to provide an environment where all employees and applicants are treated with respect. The company is committed to fair treatment of all persons. This value ensures employees and candidates are treated equally, and are protected from discrimination or harassment of any kind. This includes discrimination on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, gender, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, or any other protected status.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Job Start Date Saturday, May 7, 2022
- Job End Date Monday, October 31, 2022
- Bar Harbor, ME, USA