Sales Manager (FT)
Job Duties and Responsibilities
· Solicit, negotiate, and book new and repeat business through various efforts (outside sales calls, telemarketing, mailings, referrals, networking, etc.) to maximize room revenue to meet and exceed goals.
· Spend substantial amount of time in assigned market territory calling on prospects and existing clients, and participating in industry related events.
· Notify and coordinate customer specifications with other departments and quickly, efficiently respond to customer issues and problems.
· Ensure a quality experience and enhance future sales prospects.
· Develop a marketing strategy by analyzing historical, current, and future hotel/market trends.
· Create selling strategies to capture accounts while maximizing revenue.
· Develop and continually enhance relationships with key corporate, business, and travel industry accounts to maintain and increase market share.
· Maintain accurate, comprehensive records and files to provide group history.
· Participate in trade shows and community and professional organizations to maintain high visibility for Crystal Mountain .
· Assist in budgeting and forecasting on a quarterly and annual basis for the assigned market and provide that information in a timely manner to Director of Sales.
· Prepare and complete quarterly and annual Sales Action Plans for the assigned market.
· Will work in tandem with Conference Service Managers to ensure client information transfer is seamless to guest.
· Monitor and recommend improvements to the numerous systems to insure effective communication within the sales, conference services and food & beverage departments as well as the entire resort.
· Maintain market databases in Delphi and Springer-Miller.
· Meet or exceed quarterly and yearly sales goals.
· Develop and maintain an accurate and informative list of outside vendors to provide and recommend to customers for services not provided by Crystal Mountain .
· Attend and participate in regularly scheduled event services, Food & Beverage and Sales meetings to discuss ongoing operational topics as well as ideas and concepts to generate new business.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Required software knowledge to include, but not limited to: Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and preferred experience with Delphi & SMS Host.
· Effective business writing skills (grammar, vocabulary, clarity and brevity).
· Clear and concise verbal communication skills.
· Self-directed and able to maximize use of time, resources and technology.
· Able to work with computers, faxes, copiers, scanners and various other technologies in offices and on resort.
· Ability to investigate and analyze current activities or information in the sales/marketing field and make logical conclusions and recommendations.
· Must possess communication skills in terms of the ability to negotiate, convince, sell, and influence professionals and resort guests and make decisions based on established policies and procedures.
· Maintains office, employee and company confidentiality at all times.
· Dependable and meets goals.
· Exemplifies professional conduct and adherence to company Core Values.
· Minimum of an Associate’s degree. Bachelor’s degree and hospitality related field of study preferred, but not required.
· Two plus years of employment in hotel sales or other relevant sales position.
Physical & Other Requirements:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear.
· The employee is frequently required to stand.
· The employee is occasionally required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and taste or smell.
· The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
· Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
· Evenings, weekends and holidays are a regular part of the schedule.
· Must have excellent attendance and conduct record for consideration.
· Non-smoking candidates preferred.
Established in 1956, Crystal Mountain is a family-owned, four-season resort destination located 28 miles southwest of Traverse City and a short drive from Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore. The resort features lodging, dining, downhill and cross-country skiing, two championship golf courses, shopping, award-winning Crystal Spa, Michigan's only alpine slide, the Park at Water's Edge, Michigan Legacy Art Park, weddings and a conference center. Visit www.CrystalMountain.com.
- Pay Type Salary
- Crystal Mountain, 12500 Crystal Mountain Drive, Thompsonville, Michigan, United States of America