Player Assistant (PT Seasonal)
The Player Assistant is responsible for enforcing the rules and regulations, controlling pace of play and providing customer service assistance at the Betsie Valley and Mountain Ridge Golf Courses.
- Assure that guests have an enjoyable round of golf, that all groups do their best to keep pace with others, that all players observe good golf etiquette and obey the rules set forth for play.
- Keep course clean and call attention to golf shop of any maintenance issues need addressing.
- Maintain frequent contact with golf shop and starter by radio or in person to discuss traffic flow, car scheduling and other factors affecting smooth daily operations.
- Rake bunkers and help find lost golf balls in order to help speed play.
- Check with the golf shop for any unusual or special instructions, such as cart paths only etc., make a copy of the day’s tee sheet, carry a radio in good working condition, and a first aid kit.
- Continually check in with the golf shop personnel (25-30 minutes), even if there is nothing to report, for possible change of duties.
- During first loop of the courses check the drinking water and cup supply. If necessary replenish or coordinate with starter and golf shop to refill.
- During the shift you may be needed to collect range baskets and golf balls from practice area. During the report in time check with golf shop if practice area needs attending.
- Keep the golf shop informed of any bad weather in the area. If the golf shop suspends play, proceed according to lightning policy.
- Assist in tournament setup golf carts, contest holes etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Clear and concise verbal communication skills.
- Dependable and meets goals.
- Exemplifies professional conduct and adherence to company Core Values.
- Combination of education and experience that enables performance of all aspects of the position
Physical & Other Requirements:
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear.
- The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Evenings, weekends and holidays are a regular part of the schedule.
- Must have excellent attendance and conduct record for consideration.
Established in 1956, Crystal Mountain is a family-owned, four-season resort destination located 28 miles southwest of Traverse City and a short drive from Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore. The resort features lodging, dining, downhill and cross-country skiing, two championship golf courses, shopping, award-winning Crystal Spa, Michigan's only alpine slide, the Park at Water's Edge, Michigan Legacy Art Park, weddings and a conference center. Visit www.CrystalMountain.com.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Crystal Mountain, 12500 Crystal Mountain Drive, Thompsonville, Michigan, United States of America