Equipment Repair - Battery Changer
The Battery Room Technician is responsible for, but not limited to, the proper replacement of batteries from equipment, the cleaning and proper maintenance of all reserve batteries, as well as the cleaning and maintenance of Material Transportation Co. Battery Changing machines and Battery Room
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Replace batteries in machines, electric power tools, and hand tools.
· Clean front of battery racks and battery trays, perform major battery repairs, and check batteries
· line-up short forks/long forks coming back, check batteries & replace batteries as needed
· Maintain clean work environment. Keep area free and clear of debris.
· Performing general repairs and maintenance when needed.
· Check batteries in all parked machines.
· Complete all paperwork, equipment inspection forms, and other documents accurately.
· Operate powered industrial equipment with proper certifications within safety and Company procedures.
· Use air-powered equipment.
· Check battery charge with the use of a VOLT OHM meter.
· Perform basic soldering and welding skills.
· Clean up battery spillage when needed.
- Pay Type Hourly
- North Haven Distribution Center, 400 North Frontage Road, North Haven, Connecticut, United States of America