The Logistics Manager is responsible for the successful completion of all functions and the effective management of all associates related to the shipping and receiving of product brought into the facility and shipped out of the facility. The Logistics Manager will be held accountable to achieve budgeted fiscal responsibilities as they relate to the respective responsibility area / company. In addition, the Logistics Manager is expected to provide the leadership necessary to create a spirit of professionalism, team work, progress, and pride.
1. Assist in the scheduling of staff to achieve optimum productivity and timely completion of tasks, to ensure customer satisfaction and minimize expense.
2. Completion of Backhaul Performance Report.
3. Completion of Weekly Permit Report.
4. KPI / Revenue reporting.
5. Validation of Tchek charges and account coding.
6. Vendor Invoice account coding / SmartSearch.
7. Vendor pricing / negotiations.
8. New carrier set-up in H&S.
9. Pay Back Reconciliation.
10. 3rd Party Carrier invoice coding and tracking.
11. Weekly revenue reporting.
12. Monitor and enforce compliance with established company policies and procedures.
13. Monitor components of operational expenses and revenues to uphold budgetary commitments.
14. Continually seek, through all avenues, to improve operational and supply costs.
15. Protect, maintain, and effectively manage company assets through proper work practice to minimize product/equipment damage and unsalable product.
16. Monitor and uphold sanitation, security, and safety standards within the facility.
17. Supervise the training, evaluation and development of staff.
18. Coordinate coverage for vacations, personal days and general absenteeism to ensure work completion.
19. Communicate all operational issues or changes related to the job functions of the staff to associates.
20. Provide proper documentation and communications related to all work and safety rules and regulations.
21. Review, adjust and submit all Ceridian aspects to track and complete payroll functions weekly.
22. Coordinate workflow by established priority.
23. Complete any required training as set by the Company and Management to properly perform job functions.
24. Project a positive attitude and moral and help ensure a non-hostile work environment for all associates.
25. Perform any functions as directed by the Vice President of Transportation. Properly complete in a timely fashion Accident Reports, documentation and investigation.
1. Utilization of all systems, i.e.: Ceridian/ Dayforce, AS400, CADEC, Driver Dashboard, e-mail, voice mail, ULTIPRO.
2. Maintain high standards and leadership skills.
4. Tracing Report.
5. Print backhaul paperwork and sort for routes.
6. Weekly Company Logistics reports.
7. Warehouse equipment PM and breakdown coordination. Township water/fire inspections and reports.
- Pay Type Salary
- Old Distribution Center, 275 Schoolhouse Road, Cheshire, Connecticut, United States of America