The Transportation Supervisor is responsible for but not limited to various departmental administrative functions to support Transportation Operations and to provide leadership to professional CDL-A Drivers in regards to work schedules, payroll adjustments, approvals for time off (bonus days, personal days, vacations and other approved absences), and qualifications for interstate driving, in order to improve operational efficiency and ensure compliance with Regulatory requirements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES
- Supervise transportation operations to ensure a safe and efficient operation, a high level of customer service and compliance with all regulatory requirements.
- Analyze transportation operations, in conjunction with the Transportation Manager, to determine best dispatch practices that will achieve service objectives at the lowest possible costs.
- Ensure that company policies and procedures and directives from the Transportation Manager are implemented and followed on a timely basis by all members of the dispatch staff.
- Establish work schedules for the dispatch staff to ensure adequate coverage to meet business demands on all shifts.
- Maintain driver vacation schedules and determine staffing requirements in regards to requests from drivers for personal time off.
- Ensure that equipment is assigned in a manner that is consistent with company policies and in such a way that utilization is maximized.
- Communicate fully with superiors, subordinates and customers (internal and external) to promote and improve all transportation functions.
- Knowledge of DOT Rules and Regulations
- Effective communication and organizational skills
- Supervisory/management and training skills required.
- Knowledge of computer systems and spreadsheet, database and word processing software.
- Ability to interact well with others
- Pay Type Salary
- MADC, 7168 Daniels Drive, Allentown, Pennsylvania, United States of America