Warehouse Operations Manager
Full Job Description -
The Warehouse Operation Manager will operate one of our three warehouse locations to meet Bozzuto’s expectations as outlined in the company business plans. The position is a mix of strategy and operations, leaning towards strategic activities and leadership/development of the team. This leader will have responsibility for achieving key metrics within the business area. This position requires superior business acumen, analytical and problem solving skills, and a demonstrated ability to implement new solutions and lean/continuous improvement programs.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
· Work with the leadership team to define warehousing strategies and solutions.
· Builds customer relationships at the executive and local levels to support retention of existing business.
· Exhibits commitment to the development of Bozzuto’s leadership team, including active ownership of self-development. Empowers and challenges team members to reach their full potential. Recruits, develops, and retains a high performing team.
· Creates operational plans to reduce expenses and existing output at current locations. Strategically adjusts activities, policies and practices to meet or exceed key performance metrics and customer satisfaction goals.
· Identifying key productivity metrics and working with local management to help drive delivery of budget targets.
· Ensures new initiatives and other programs are implemented as planned.
· Ensures facilities are maintained at the highest level of sanitation and layout.
· Ensures compliance with regulatory requirements; with local, state, federal agencies.
· Coordinates with Human Resources as to the development of all employees.
· Strong focus on Bozzuto’s competencies related to Communication/Collaboration, Managing Change/Continuous Improvement, Results Focused, Development of Self and Others, and Analysis and Decision Making.
· 6+ years’ work experience in the Supply Chain/Warehousing/Distribution industry, with a minimum of 3 years in a leadership role with P&L oversight and accountability for developing and leading a team.
Strong analytical skills and mathematical competency.
Excellent computer applications background including MS Office applications, reporting, analysis and presentations software.
· Ability to manage the pressures and stress associated with a deadline-oriented atmosphere and customer service issues. Demonstrates skill in making independent decisions in support of company policies and procedures in a timely manner.
· Generates creative solutions to open up new opportunities or to resolve difficult business situations.
- Pay Type Salary