Vice President of Product Management - Pay Solutions
AvidXchange is a leading provider of accounts payable (“AP”) automation software and payment solutions for middle market businesses and their suppliers. By trade, we are a technology company, but if you ask anyone that works here, they’ll tell you our people are at the core of who we are. We are all entrepreneurs who love to innovate and win with a passion for serving our customers. While we take personal ownership of our everyday work, we recognize that we only win as a team.
Since our founding in 2000 in Charlotte, NC, we’ve created a company of over 1,600 teammates working in one of our 7 offices across the U.S., or remotely. We're building more than a tech company – we're building an experience. We remain committed to a culture where you can fully be 'you’ – connected with others, chasing big goals and making a meaningful impact. If you want to help us grow while realizing your potential and creating stories you'll tell for years, you've come to the right place.
AvidXchange is proud to be Certified™ as a Great Place to Work®. The prestigious recognition is based on anonymous data from our teammates and makes official what our teammates have known for years – that AvidXchange is a Great Place to Work®.
As VP of Product Management Pay Solutions acting as the Pay Solution Owner, you are a senior leader on the Product Management team that manages a team typically comprised of solution product managers who drive the overall pay product experience, pay solution offerings and work closely with Marketing and Sales relative to the successful go to market motions to drive toward growth. In this role you will also set the priorities of classic Agile product owners, technical writers, and user experience designers. You team with the Pay Product Platform team to ensure the platform is designed and delivered to support the Solution goals. The VP of Pay Solutions will help develop the overall product strategy for AvidXchange and play a lead role in driving the Pay Product Strategy aligned with the Chief Product Officer. In this Solution Product Management role, in partnership with Sales, Marketing, Operations, Engineering and Architecture teams across the company, you will be responsible for the overall Pay Solution and Products. You will guide and lead both the design and implementation which includes creating an overall approach, aligned with the Other Solution Owners, establishing a world class product experience set of assets within our Pay Cloud products in Microsoft Azure. This position will team with the VP Product Pay Platform, “Pay Platform Owner”, who owns the Pay Platform components, strategy and scalability to ensure the Pay Products as a whole enable successful market offerings and drives innovation. AvidXchange is one of the premier Fintech SaaS providers and this VP Product Pay Solution is one of the most critical positions within our company. In this role, candidates will bring significant deep payment experience, an understanding of the Fintech landscape and direct Fintech experience to drive innovation and successful Pay offerings.
- Single point of accountability to the Pay Product Solution success of the entire Pay product portfolio/value stream from strategic planning aligned with the Chief Product Officer strategic plan, innovation, prioritizing investments, to tactical activities.
- Own and manage the development and delivery of the Pay Solution Roadmap
- Work in partnership with the VP Pay Platform, Sales, Marketing, Product Marketing and the Program Management Office to ensure the Pay Solution brings innovation aligned with the strategy and experience goals of the overall offering.
- Work closely with Sales on commercial goals and priorities teaming with Product Marketing
- Own and Drive Payment Product that are in Market balanced with developing and delivering new features and products.
- Manage all Pay Solution product managers for all existing payment products
- Own and Drive Pay Customer Experience for all existing and new products
- Team with the Product Design VP on all Customer Experience areas.
- Partner with cross-functional leadership to drive product roadmap alignment and focus, specifically but not limited to alignment with all Product Solution Areas outside of Pay Products
- Influence the organization’s direction through thought leadership, education, and industry knowledge and Innovation
- Speak at key Events as needed to help explain the Pay Strategy from a Solution and Product perspective adding appropriate innovation perspective aligned with the corporate strategy and Marketing messaging.
- Build, lead and develop high performing product managers and leaders including Hire and build a team of highly experienced Fintech Pay Product Managers
- Engage with partners and bank channels on product topics related to Pay Solutions as needed working thru Product Marketing and the Channels group
- Assess and continuously improve the product line through data-driven, agile practices within the larger product and cross-functional teams
- Establish, evaluate and iterate product line investments based on key performance indicators associated to expected results
- Constantly learning and injecting Product Management industry best practices into AvidXchange’s processes
- Lead the organization through the execution of your vision and Pay Platform Product Roadmap.
- Support and utilize the Product Management Methodology and tools where appropriate to support a common process.
Required Experience, Qualifications, and Skills
- 15+ years of combined experience in Payment, Product Management, Banking, Fintech, and SaaS solutions
- Considered not only up to date on all key Fintech SaaS providers but have a clear grasp of the market, market direction, and competitive landscape.
- Proven track record of managing a portfolio of products and materially increasing product offerings
- Demonstrated experience developing partnerships with internal and external stakeholders
- Highly competitive and thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Inspiring his/her team, customers, and partners, and holding the team accountable for deliverables
- Experience with Product Methods related to managing products in market, ideation of new products and the full development and release cycle
- Leading product management and development in a hybrid agile environment
- BS degree in relevant field or equivalent work experience required with a specialty in Computer Information Systems, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or another equivalent area
- Must have significant Business Payment experience
- Strong Banking background a plus
- Strong SaaS Fintech background required
Preferred Experience, Qualifications, and Skills
- Experience speaking at internal and external Pay events such as Money 20/20
- Product or Engineering Leader in a Fintech Software company
- Proven track record of managing a portfolio of products with a focus on pay products and experience or equivalent
- Experience in high growth, B2B, and/or financial technology companies
- MBA preferred
- Job Family Product Management
- Job Function Technical Product Management
- Pay Type Salary
- Employment Indicator Executive