Senior Platform Engineer - Tech Lead
AvidXchange Birmingham AL, Two Perimeter Park South, Birmingham, Alabama, United States of America ● AvidXchange Charlotte NC, 1210 AVIDXCHANGE LN, CHARLOTTE, North Carolina, United States of America ● AvidXchange Columbus MS, 319 Park Creek Dr, Columbus, Mississippi, United States of America ● AvidXchange Houston TX, 2100 TRAVIS ST, SUITE 300, HOUSTON, Texas, United States of America ● AvidXchange Pembroke MA, 33 RIVERSIDE DRIVE, PEMBROKE, Massachusetts, United States of America ● AvidXchange Sandy UT, 111 E Sego Lily Drive, SANDY, Utah, United States of America ● AvidXchange Somerset NJ, ONE EXECUTIVE DR SUITE 401, SOMERSET, New Jersey, United States of America ● FastPay, 200 Crossing Blvd., Framingham, Massachusetts, United States of America ● FastPay, 8201 Beverly Blvd., Los Angeles, California, United States of America ● Virtual
Friday, May 13, 2022
AvidXchange is a leading provider of accounts payable (“AP”) automation software and payment solutions for middle market businesses and their suppliers. By trade, we are a technology company, but if you ask anyone that works here, they’ll tell you our people are at the core of who we are. We are all entrepreneurs who love to innovate and win with a passion for serving our customers. While we take personal ownership of our everyday work, we recognize that we only win as a team.
Since our founding in 2000 in Charlotte, NC, we’ve created a company of over 1,600 teammates working in one of our 7 offices across the U.S., or remotely. But we're building more than a tech company – we're building an experience. We remain committed to a culture where you can fully be 'you’ – connected with others, chasing big goals and making a meaningful impact. If you want to help us grow while realizing your potential and creating stories you'll tell for years, you've come to the right place.
As a Senior Platform Engineer (SPE) - Tech Lead, you will be an integral member of the Technical Platform Engineering team, helping the organization transform into a truly modern Platform model of operation. The goal of the Technical Platform Engineering (TPE) team is to reduce friction in the delivery process and improve developer experience. Technical prowess, pragmatic strategic understanding, and ability to make compromises working with the stakeholders are the three pillars of this job.
This specific role will serve as a Technical/Team Lead for a platform adoption group and will be an important member of the wider leadership team. If you are looking to take your technical experience and use it as a catalyst for the next stage of your career growth into a leadership role, this is your opportunity.
In this role you will be working with a set of experienced technical people leaders who will provide you support as you coach, mentor, and lead a group of Platform Engineers. You will be expected to evaluate candidates and provide recommendations for future staffing needs. You will participate in both tactical and strategic thinking as you set the priorities for your team, bridging the gap between classic systems and a NextGen ways of working.
In this role you will drive platform adoption within the organization. You will have a creative voice as you contribute to a roadmap that transitions remaining centralized DevOps activities to rightful owners. You will be an advocate for platform adoption within the Engineering Organization, evangelizing the use of Platform based solutions across a wide set of Engineering teams.
- Foster the team’s growth through hiring, onboarding, and mentoring
- Lead a team of experts as an advocate for the adoption of Platform tooling, while evangelizing DevOps practices and methodologies to delivery teams
- Identify and provide feedback to the wider organization on Platform tooling opportunities
- Work closely with the Developer Experience team in facilitating the proper adoption of Platforms through the identification of knowledge gaps and training opportunities
- Lead the strategic direction of your team via roadmaps, story boarding, and planning activities
- Serve as an escalation point for tactical decision making within your team removing ambiguity and driving action
- Drive forensic troubleshooting and analysis of automation and platform consistency issues · Proactively ensure the highest levels of systems, resource, and infrastructure availability and performance optimization
- Provide subject matter expertise for all aspects of our technology stack
Minimum Required Skills
- 5 or more years of experience in a Platform, Software, Site Reliability, or DevOps Engineering or Advocacy role
- Expertise writing production code with an industry standard programming language using Agile methodologies.
- Expertise practicing Infrastructure as Code and Configuration as Code techniques
- Expertise managing multiple code bases in Git
- Expertise creating Continuous Integration builds and deployment automation, for example CI/CD Pipelines
- Expertise building Cloud Native applications in a major public cloud
- Expertise implementing observability, application monitoring, and log aggregation solutions
- Expertise working with cross functional teams to provide DevOps inspired solutions
Preferred Experience, Qualifications, and Skills
- University Degree in a computing related field or equivalent experience
- An in exploring your leadership potential within our software organization
- Expertise with Azure DevOps Repos and Pipelines
- Expertise with provisioning resources in Azure with Terraform
- Expertise with containers and container orchestration, particularly Azure Kubernetes Service (AKS)
- Expertise with dotnet, PowerShell, and PowerShell Desired State Configuration
- Bachelor’s degree in a computing related field
- Microsoft Certified: Azure DevOps Engineer Expert, Azure Developer Associate, and/or Azure Administrator Associate
Equal Employment Opportunity
AvidXchange is an equal opportunity employer.
AvidXchange is committed to equal employment opportunity in accordance with
applicable federal, state, and local laws. AvidXchange will not discriminate
against applicants for employment on any legally recognized basis. This
includes, but is not limited to veteran status, race, color, religion, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age
and physical or mental disability.
Software Development Engineering