Customer Service - Test Center Manager (FT)
Honolulu, HI, USA Req #4738
Tuesday, 05 July 2022
About Us: Prometric is a leading provider of technology-enabled testing and assessment solutions to many of the world’s most recognized licensing and certification organizations, academic institutions, and government agencies. We support more than 7 million test takers annually at our testing locations in 180 countries around the world. With over three decades of experience working with clients of all sizes across a multitude of industry sectors, our mission is to design and deliver the highest quality and most innovative testing solutions anytime, anywhere.
Test Center Manager
- Hours Per Week: 40
- Work Schedule: Monday - Saturday 7:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m., Must be available to work any shift the Test Center is open.
The Test Center Manager (TCM) serves as the face of Prometric in test centers around the world. These professionals are an essential part of a growing specialization within the company and thrive in fast-paced environments that support people who are taking life-changing exams.
The job requires TCMs to manage all aspects of the testing facilities, financial practices, personnel management and maintain set policies and guidelines to uphold the highest standard for exam integrity in the world.
Main Objectives and Activities
- Ensure that the facilities, operations and performance at the assigned test center consistently meets the standards of Prometric and its testing clients.
- Plan regular staff schedules as needed and supervise both permanent as well as temporary Test Center Administrators
- Have an in-depth understanding of Prometric’s key financial and business drivers and performance against corporate metrics
- Educate staff on the rationale behind the key performance levers for the business and coaches staff how to efficiently achieve the targets
- Supervise security/verification precautions of test candidates arriving for registration, ensuring that identification and confirming licence entitlement, eligibility, etc. is carried out correctly.
- Assist in the hiring and training of new Test Center Administrators
- Calculate and approve timesheets and expenses for all staff, submitting to the District Manager at appropriate times.
- Maintain a 12 month center schedule for utilization of center open hours to meet and satisfy corporate contractual requirements
- Provide security at the testing facilities by ensuring all locks and security systems are properly used. The TCM may also be responsible for holding keys to the testing facility
- Understands clients strategies and how they impact the test centers
- Represents the interests of the organization with community and other external stakeholders
- Has sufficient technical knowledge to understand the basic Test Center Technology and resolve common technical issues
- File reports on any irregular test center situations or complaints
- Operate a video camera, VCR, digital camera, telephone system, and alarm system as and when required.
- Resolve candidate and building problems to the appropriate corporate manager
- Manage quality assurance through audits or other company programs
- Engage in property management to maintain a safe and comfortable testing environment
- Acts as a TCA to administer tests as needed.
- Actively participates in Prometric quality assurance, audit programs and other company initiatives as a flexible team player.
- Maintain a deep knowledge of policies, practices and procedures.
- A minimum of two years customer service related experience required
- One year of management or supervisory experience preferred
- Ability to communicate with candidates effectively and with professionalism and authority
- Ability to learn and apply operational and maintenance instructions, and other job documents
- Ability to make decisions using appropriate situational judgement
- Ability to write detailed reports and correspondence
- Ability to multi-task and handle small tools, pack equipment for shipping or unpack for installation
- Familiar with Microsoft Windows-based computer programs and applications(including but not limited to MS Office, Outlook, Explorer-web browsing)
- Flexibility - Should be flexible during days and evenings on various days and times subject to change according to demand of testing.
Prometric is an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate in hiring based on sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, and local law.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Honolulu, HI, USA