Customer Service - Test Center Manager
Prometric (www.prometric.com) is a leading provider of technology-enabled testing and assessment solutions to many of the world’s most recognized licensing and certification organizations, academic institutions, and government agencies. We support more than 7 million test takers annually at our testing locations in 180 countries around the world. With over three decades of experience working with clients of all sizes across a multitude of industry sectors, our mission is to design and deliver the highest quality and most innovative testing solutions anytime, anywhere. Prometric serves as an industry gatekeeper, ensuring that people legitimately earn the credentials they seek to achieve, and thereby guaranteeing a fair testing experience for all who come through our doors.
JOB TITLE: Test Center Manager
REPORTS TO: Channel Engagement Manager or Sr. Manager
DEPARTMENT: Test Center
LOCATION: Honolulu, Hawaii
TEST CENTER ADDRESS: 1003 Bishop Street Suite 480
The Test Center Manager (TCM) serves as the face of Prometric in test centers around the world. These professionals are an essential part of a growing specialization within the company and thrive in fast-paced environments that support people who are taking life-changing exams.
Prometric employs more than 600 Test Center Administrators (TCAs) worldwide who are highly respected for their ability to lead and control the computer-based test center environment. The job requires TCMs to manage all aspects of the testing facilities, financial practices, personnel and maintain set policies and guidelines to uphold the highest standard for exam integrity in the world.
- 12 Paid Holidays Off annually based on work schedule and start date
- No selling or quotas
- Office setting environment
- Paid training
- Sick time prorated based on start date
- Employee Assistance Program
- Ensure that the facilities, operations, and performance at the assigned test center consistently meets the standards of Prometric and its testing clients.
- Plan regular staff schedules and supervise both regular as well as temporary Test Center Administrators
- Have an understanding of how test center operating costs impact Prometric’s key financial and business drivers and performance against corporate metrics
- Educate staff on the rationale behind the key performance levers for the business and coach staff how to efficiently achieve the targets
- Supervise security/verification procedures of test candidates arriving for registration, ensuring that identification and confirming eligibility is carried out correctly.
- Responsible for hiring and training of new Test Center Administrators
- Review and approve timesheets and expenses for all staff
- Provide security at the testing facilities by ensuring all locks and security systems are properly used. The TCM is responsible for holding keys to the testing facility
- Represents the organization with professionalism
- Has sufficient knowledge of basic technology to resolve common issues
- File detailed reports on any irregular test center situations or complaints
- Operate a DVR, digital camera, telephone system (IVR), and alarm system as and when required.
- Resolve, report or escalate candidate and/or building problems to the appropriate department or manager
- Engage with property management to maintain a safe and comfortable testing environment
- Acts as a TCA to administer tests
- Actively participates in Prometric quality assurance, audit programs and other company initiatives as a team player.
- Maintain a deep knowledge of policies, practices, and procedures.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- College experience a plus
- Minimum of two years of customer service experience required (call center, retail, restaurant, etc.)
- One year of management or supervisory experience required
- Must be 18 years of age to qualify
- Ability to communicate with candidates effectively and with professionalism and authority
- Ability to learn and apply verbal and written operational instructions
- Ability to make decisions using appropriate situational judgement
- Ability to write detailed, accurate and professional reports and correspondence
- Ability to multi-task and handle small tools, pack equipment for shipping or unpack for installation
- Familiar with Microsoft Windows-based computer programs and applications (including but not limited to MS Office, Outlook, Explorer-web browsing)
- Availability - Should be flexible to work various days and times including evening and weekends, subject to change according to testing demands.
- Ability to effectively manage situations that require conflict resolution
PHYSICAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Must be able to bend, stoop, and lift up to 40 pounds
- Ability to remain in a stationary position for extended periods of time while administering exams
- Ability to physically move through test room every 8-10 minutes and escort candidates to and from testing room
- Visual requirements include the ability to adjust or focus computer screens and view testing room through camera monitors while proctoring the exam
- Ability to maintain computers in the lab and office setting, by physically maneuvering in tight spaces, while maintaining safety protocols
Prometric is an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate in hiring based on sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, and local law.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Honolulu, HI, USA