CNC Machinist - 2nd shift ($5,000 Sign on bonus and $2.50 shift differential)
This role is 2nd shift Mon - Fri 3:00pm - 11:30pm
GMP is now offering a $5,000 sign on bonus and up to $2.50 shift differential for 2nd shift CNC
The CNC Machine Operator is responsible for setting up and operating a variety of machine shop tools and machines such as radial drill presses, lathes, milling machines, punch presses, shapers, and grinders to machine metal work pieces.
- Study blueprint or layout on work piece to visualize machining required and plan sequence of operations. Select method of holding work piece.
- Lift work piece manually or using hoist, and position and secure it to holding device such as machine table, chuck, centers, or fixture.
- Select feed rate, cutting speed, depth of cut, and cutting tool (bar tool, rotary cutter, or abrasive wheel) for each operation.
- Maintain coolant levels in the machine.
- Observe operation and regulate tool position and action.
- Verifiy conformance of machined work piece to specifications.
- Measure, mark, and scribe work piece to lay out for machining.
- Devise ways of clamping work pieces and make special jigs and fixtures as needed.
- Perform other duties as required within the nature and level of work.
- High School Diploma or equivalent and three (3) years of experience working as a machinist are required. Experience with plastic injection molding is preferred. CNC (computer numerical control) and Master Cam experience a plus.
- Ability to use tool room equipment such as lathes, mills, grinders. Ability to read and understand part and tool prints. Ability to quickly and repeatedly adjust the controls of a machine to exact positions. Must have good communication skills and work well within a team. Ability to work productively with minimum supervision. Ability to use measuring tools and hold tolerances.
Physical Demand Requirements
Occasionally required to stand, walk or sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move objects up to 35 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
401(k) Company Match
Shared Cost Medical & Dental
Education Reimbursement Program
Employee Discount Program
Klein Tools is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status. For candidates with disabilities and needing assistance, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Job Family Manufacturing
- Job Function Plant
- Pay Type Hourly
- Trevose, Feasterville-Trevose, PA, USA