Vice President Product Management (General Manager)
There has never been a better time to join Klein Tools!
This position reports to the Heavy Infrastructure General Manager working independently with limited supervision. This position exists to manage profit and loss responsibility for General Machine Products (GMP) division and is responsible for developing the business through new product development, supply chain optimization, marketing activities, and working directly with strategic market partners in North America. In addition, this position will be responsible for manufacturing, sales, and customer service in order to continue growth and strengthen relationships with our key consumers and vendors. The position will be the highest level of authority in regards to the local business unit and will oversees the Information Technology, Human Resources, and Finance departments as they support the overall business initiatives.
1. Manage and deliver on corporate strategy to maximize revenue, profitability and customer satisfaction.
2. Achieve new product sales as a percent of total sales.
3. Maximize sales efficiency for the business by prioritizing and directing the sales team.
4. Maximize the supply chain of business unit products from a quality, cost, flexibility and lead time perspective.
5. Develop annual budgets for the business unit for approval and perform to meet or exceed approved budget.
6. Develop, gain approval for, and implement rolling three year strategic plans for the business unit, including defining growth strategies, margin improvement strategies and other strategic priorities.
7. Provide strategic advice to ownership and upper management to inform them of market conditions and current results based on metrics.
8. Prepare and implement comprehensive business plans to facilitate achievement by planning cost-effective operations and market development activities.
9. Ensure company policies and legal guidelines are communicated all the way from the top down in the company and that they are followed.
10. Establish and maintain key relationships with strategic customers and vendors.
11. Act as the public speaker and public relations representative of the company in ways that strengthen its profile.
12. Manage subordinates with responsibility for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of employees.
13. Prepare for and participate in monthly staff meetings with prepared status reports.
14. Perform other duties as required within the nature and level of the work.
Bachelors degree with a minimum of seven (10) years of experience identifying and launching new products to market is required. In addition, seven (10) years of business-to-business (B2B) industry experience preferably working with engineered and/or capital products is required. A Master of Business Administration (MBA) is preferred. Prior experience with Profit & Loss (P&L) responsibility is preferred.
Knowledge of new product life cycle from conception of the new product through launch commercialization. Ability to understand market changes and forces that influence the company. Knowledge of Corporate Finance and performance metrics. Experience managing cross functional teams with multiple direct reports. Experience in strategic business development planning, including product management and go-to-market strategy.
Excellent organizational, leadership, communication, interpersonal and presentation skills. Must be able to communicate with all levels of the organization. Must be a results-oriented individual possessing a sense of urgency with the drive to get things done. Must be comfortable using analytics to drive decisions and hit Key Performance Indications (KPIs).
401(k) Company Match
Shared Cost Medical & Dental
Education Reimbursement Program
Employee Discount Program
Klein Tools is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status. For candidates with disabilities and needing assistance, please email us at email@example.com.
- Job Family Manufacturing
- Job Function Office
- Pay Type Salary
- Travel Required Yes
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree
- Trevose, Feasterville-Trevose, PA, USA