Aftercare Assistant Teacher - Part Time
With more than 80,000 members across Chester County, our programs and facilities are always based on the unique needs and interests of the communities we serve. In addition, our volunteers, staff, members and donors are all united by a deep commitment to continually strengthen Chester County.
Job Title: Aftercare Assistant Montessori Teacher
Branch: West Chester Area YMCA
Location: 605 Airport Road
Shifts/Availability: Monday-Friday. Must have afternoon availability as we are looking to fill the 2 or 3PM- 6PM shift
Starting Pay: $12.00-$15.00/ hour
About the YMCA of Greater Brandywine:
The YMCA of Greater Brandywine (YGBW), an association of eight YMCAs serving Chester County, is a non-profit organization committed to nurturing the potential of every child, promoting healthy living and fostering social responsibility through life-changing programs for all.
The West Chester Area YMCA is currently seeking a highly motivated and enthusiastic individual to work in our Montessori program as an Assistant Montessori Teacher.
- Deliver curriculum and instruction for children in Montessori program
- Demonstrate Montessori work as needed to program staff
- Keep records on each student as requested by supervisor
- Deliver positive communication with parents of Montessori students
- Assist with preparation of scheduled parent conferences
- Assist supervisor with parent special events, fundraising opportunities, parent conferences and other projects as requested
- Responsible for the safety of the children in his/her care with the ability to predict an prevent, identify and respond to safety problems
- Model YMCA Character Values at all times and incorporate into classroom and summer day camp curriculum
- Assist with the daily operation of summer day camp programs as needed
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Must be at least 18 years of age or older
- Must have a high school diploma or GED and 30 credit hours of early childhood, elementary or related human services field education, or 15 college credit hours and one year experience related to the care and development of children or high school diploma and 2,500 hours of childcare experience
- Must obtain required clearances and provide a yearly health assessment
- Ability to effectively use technology for programmatic needs
- Making a difference in a child’s life everyday.
- Fun, fast-paced work environment
- Working for a diverse and inclusive community based non-profit
- Free individual membership (or discounted family membership), valid with active employment and includes program discounts throughout the YMCA of Greater Brandywine Association.
- Pay Type Hourly
- West Chester Area YMCA, 605 Airport Rd., 605 Airport Rd, West Chester, Pennsylvania, United States of America