DRIVER HELPER (NIGHT SHIFT)
*Starting at $15.00/hr +$1 shift differential
Position Summary Description:
Rides along with a driver over established route to deliver grocery products into customer establishments. Responsible for collecting payments from customers, order discrepancy reporting, customer complaint resolution, and daily truck inspection and maintenance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists drivers in vehicles to deliver food items, beverages, paper products, and cleaning supplies to customer’s place of business.
- Load and unload products from delivery vehicles using a pallet jack, cart, or hand truck.
- Preserves product quality and minimizes damages during delivery.
- Collects or picks up empty pallets or rejected or unsold merchandise.
- Builds pallets according to company standards.
- Sorts products and groups like items together, by product number or description of cases.
- Check delivery for accuracy.
- Help maintain truck cleanliness.
- Follows established safety standards for proper food handling.
- Uses the Company’s Mission/Vision Statements and Core Values as their guiding principles.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Unloads containers of incoming freight and palletizes items for placement into warehouse or truck.
- Uses manual pallet jack to move pallets to receiving dock.
- Performs similar and related duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Responsible for general housekeeping in the warehouse.
Education/Training and Experience:
- GED or equivalent.
- No experience required.
- Must be proficient in the English language and communicate clearly and effectively in written and oral form.
- Must have the ability to handle customer complaints, order discrepancies, and picking/loading errors calmly and efficiently.
- Must be able to successfully complete in-house forklift certification test.
- Frequently required to lift and carry objects weighing up to 75 lbs.
- Competitive Pay
- 401(k) with Company Matching
- Life insurance
- Employee Discounts
- Advancement Opportunities
- Flexible On-Demand Pay
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Job Function Safety-sensitive
- Pay Type Hourly
- 285 Sand Island Access Rd, Honolulu, HI 96819, USA