Data Analyst III
Position will perform advanced analysis using various techniques ranging from statistical analysis to explanatory and predictive modeling. The Business Intelligence Analyst III is responsible for performing data discovery and analysis activities to identify specific information required to support client decisions and then present these results in a meaningful and intuitive format, using a variety of BI tools and techniques. The ideal candidate for this position is highly analytical, has a natural curiosity inclined toward business and strong technical abilities. This position may oversee the work of less experienced analysts & manage projects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES & OUTCOMES
- Provides design support for the development of business intelligence solutions.
- Works on highly complex, cross functional, and enterprise IT and business intelligence solutions
- Sometimes operates as a functional lead
- Participates in workstream planning process including inception, technical design, development, testing and delivery of BI solutions
- Work with IT department to practice extracting, transforming, loading (ETL) process
- May lead or provide direction for the planning, designing, and execution of user efforts.
- Reviews test plans and monitors testing process to ensure that business results are tested
- Research tools, frameworks, and mechanisms for data analytics
- May interface with vendors to keep abreast of new technologies, pricing, and customer applicability
- Conduct customer analysis and business performance predictive analysis to identify business obstacles, explore business opportunities and produce actionable solutions
- Recommends quality metrics and ensures quality metrics are documented and tracked.
- Mine data source and collect large amounts of datasets, conduct data cleansing and data validation to obtain reliable, accurate and congruent datasets using SQL and Python
- Analyze current and historical data using statistical models in Excel to identify trends and patterns
- Develop and maintain analytical reports in Tableau and Excel for executives as well as finance, sales, accounting and operations departments to monitor business key performance metrics/indicators at different levels of details
- Write advanced SQL queries in Oracle SQL Developer to join tables, aggregate measures based on business logic to generate data source for reporting tools
- Write formulas in Excel to create key metrics/indicators, utilizing pivot table and charts to present performance measures and metrics, add slicers to make reports interactive for end users
- Create calculated fields and parameter in Tableau to generate key metrics/indicators, design visualizations and interactive dynamic dashboards to display the information
- Develop custom SQL queries to upload data extracts to Tableau Server; Acts as administrator to manage data security and integrity via Tableau Server.
- Design data storage system and load data from business processes to data warehouses, make sure all the data is up to date
- Coaching & mentoring
- Provides guidance, training, and problem-solving assistance to other team members.
- Supports & mentors less-experienced individuals
- Provide accurate and timely answers to routine questions from customers
- Acts as the first line of support for data questions and issues utilizing Excel, SQL
- Creates customized external customer facing reports via Tableau and Excel for sales force
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Management, Statistics, Finance or specialized training/certification or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum 1-year professional experience.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to pivot & multi-task while under pressure and ability to deliver within fixed deadlines.
- Strong analytical skills, work ethic, independence, problem solving ability, effective communication skills, and overall positive attitude.
- Works independently with little or no supervision.
- Minimum one year experience in finance and/or logistics industry highly preferred.
- Experience with HTML, web development & webhooks
- Experience in finance and/or logistics industry
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Work Environment: Job is typically performed in a general office environment.
- Job Family General
- Pay Type Salary
- Dallas, TX, USA