Senior Systems Engineer
The Senior Engineer-Systems Engineering is responsible for the design, development, and integration of highly complex systems within an AWS cloud hosting environment. This position will play a lead role in the support of mission critical systems, with ownership of every aspect of the systems life cycle, and will work across disciplines to drive growth, stability, scalability, and delivery of key business objectives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES & OUTCOMES:
- System Administrator and owner of all aspects of system availability of Packaged and Custom Developed applications that are highly available, scalable, and self-healing within AWS
- Works with Infrastructure Engineers and Application Support Teams to deploy application fixes, patch, and test (check for compatibility issues, conducts QA) complex systems
- Performs complex software and operating system upgrades and track system licensing.
- Define and deploy monitoring, metrics, logging, and alerting systems in AWS and Datadog
- Design, manage, and maintain application scripts and Infrastructure as Code tools to automate operational processes
- Maintain and automate security controls, governance processes, and compliance.
- Performs complex storage and server data backup, data migration and disaster recovery operations
Skills and Abilities:
- AWS cloud technologies and services
- Microsoft Window Server operating systems
- Terraform Infrastructure as Code deployment tools
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Assessment and decision-making skills
- Conflict management and problem-solving
- Relationship building both within the organization and with external sources
- Deductive and inductive reasoning
- Critical thinking
Experience and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent applicable experience
- 7+ years of IT experience, at least 5+ in Windows Systems Engineering/Operations roles
- Advanced experience with Windows Server operating systems and enterprise applications
- Experience with administering SQL Server
- Experience with multi-tier architectures: load balancers, caching, web servers, application servers, databases, and networking
- Advanced scripting experience in PowerShell is required to lead extensive automation build and maintenance activity. Additional scripting languages such as Python are a plus
- Proficient with AWS services: Compute and Network, Storage and CDN, Database, Analytics, Application Services, Deployment, and Management
- Preferred location of Dallas, Chicago, Phoenix, and Minneapolis but open to 100% remote role for the right candidate
Worldwide Express is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Worldwide Express Operations, LLC, and WWEX Franchise Holdings, LLC, (collectively “Worldwide Express”) strive to make employment decisions based on merit, seeking the most qualified individuals in every job. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin or ancestry, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or other status protected by law. All employment decisions will be based on valid job requirements or other legitimate, non-discriminatory reasons.
During the recruiting and hiring processes, Worldwide Express offers reasonable accommodations for individuals with a disability. If you want to request such an accommodation, contact the company Human Resources Department
About Worldwide Express
Quite simply, we make shipping simple. Worldwide Express is a relationship company offering customers a comprehensive solution for their shipping needs, whether it be a small package, less-than-truckload, or full truckload. We are a local partner for our customers’ global supply chain, providing consultative service from more than 70 offices across the nation. Through our relationship with UPS® and a highly selective carrier portfolio, we provide our customers with a breadth of shipping options unmatched in the 3PL field. Operating under two brand names, Worldwide Express for our corporate customers and Unishippers for our franchisee customers, we focus on serving customer needs across all modes of shipping – small parcel, less-than-truckload, and full truckload.
Worldwide Express has a strategic partnership with UPS for small parcel, domestic and international shipping to penetrate the small to medium size business sector. As UPS's largest non-retail authorized reseller in North America, our sales teams do what they do best, which is providing solutions to C-Level executives while letting UPS do what they do best: deliver more packages on time than anyone else. In addition to our relationship with UPS, Worldwide Express has alliances with over 65 LTL, Domestic Air Freight, and International Air Freight carriers. Worldwide Express provides tailored services and individualized shipping solutions to fit the needs of any small to medium-sized business customers.
Most recently, Worldwide Express merged with another third-party logistics company, GlobalTranz, doubling the size and scale of our business and adding a third brand. This dynamic combination expands our go-to-market capabilities, broadens our customer base, and enhances the opportunity to drive value through technology-enabled solutions.
- Job Family IT
- Pay Type Salary
- Chicago, IL, USA
- Dallas, TX, USA
- Minneapolis, MN, USA
- Phoenix, AZ, USA