Special Projects Technician
This job offers a $750.00 sign on bonus!
Located on the historic Fort Campbell Military Installation, Campbell Crossing LLC is the premier housing community for Soldiers and their Families of the 101st Airborne Division, 160th SOAR and 5th Special Forces Group. Our families enjoy newly constructed or renovated homes which offer a variety of spacious floor plans, Energy Star Appliances and a team of professionals who pledge to provide an exceptional living experience. Campbell Crossing boasts four state of the art Community Centers with amenities such as Wi-Fi, Gyms, Starbucks, Boundless Playgrounds and Splash Parks. Our commitment to our residents, as well as our Team, local communities, safety and environment are proven through many local and national awards, making Campbell Crossing an exceptional place to call home and work.
Technicians may be utilized to respond to multiple types of work orders. Special Projects Technicians may more frequently perform repair of building structures and associated mechanical, electrical, plumbing, sanitary systems and equipment. Perform maintenance functions in the community, including rental units, office buildings, residential areas, grounds and parking lots. Perform general maintenance and repair of building structures and associated mechanical, electrical, plumbing, sanitary systems and equipment. Ensure that all service is performed safely and results in favorable customer feedback which is documented by favorable customer service survey results.
- Perform light construction including cabinet installation, flooring installation, drywall, rough and trim framing, plumbing, electrical, etc.
- Update work order status including time, materials and notes on mobile devices provided in an accurate and timely manner. Complete and submit all required paperwork in an accurate and timely manner. Keep supervisor well informed of activities, results of efforts, problems identified/potential problems, etc.; recommend corrective actions to supervisor.
- Maintain vehicle and vehicle inventory as prescribed.
- Respond to service calls, complete COM work and other property maintenance requirements including, but are not limited to cleaning, painting, interior/exterior decorating and maintenance, lawn maintenance, debris removal, plumbing, electrical work, smoke detector maintenance, repair or replacement of lights, roof repairs, heating/air systems maintenance, appliance repairs, etc.
- Transport, install and connect stoves, refrigerators, dishwashers and other electrical and gas appliances.
- Load and unload trucks and other conveyances; move supplies and materials to proper location by wheelbarrows or hand trucks; stack materials for storage or binning; collect refuse and salvageable materials.
- Transport equipment, furnishings and appliances to job sites.
- Repair and fabricate window and door screens and frames
- Dig, fill and tamp earth excavations; level grounds using pick, shovel, tamper and rake; shovel concrete; clean culverts and ditches; cut tree and brush; operate power tools and lawn mowers.
- Remove floor tile, sheet vinyl, ceramic floor tile and plywood. Remove damaged drywall.
- Operate power blowers or use brooms to clean roof tops, sidewalks and driveways of leaves and debris. Ensure work-site cleanup.
- Respond to and complete on-call after hour emergency and urgent repairs.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- 1 - 3 years of related work experience.
- Must have a current vehicle license in good standing and meet the driving records standards outlined in the Company Safe Vehicular Operations Policy
- Must demonstrate basic competency in carpentry, plumbing and electrical trades at a minimum as assessed through written, verbal and hands on assessments. “Skilled” based on assessment in carpentry, plumbing or electrical and preferably multiple trades.
- Ability to utilize a mobile device including applications, email, and internet.
What We Can Offer You
Great Benefits: We offer benefits including health & dental plan options, generous time off and paid holidays, 401(k) and education reimbursement opportunities that’s best for you and your family.
A job you can brag about: WinnCompanies is a nationally recognized leader in property management and development. Our team members are committed to helping people in the communities we serve.
A job that challenges you: Our team members are responsible for our growth and success, and we challenge them to constantly be their best in our fast-paced workplace.
A job you can learn from: We reward our team’s passion and hard work with consistent learning and development opportunities.
A team that cares: We value teamwork, innovation and mutual respect.
With 3,700 team members working across 600+ locations in 23 states and D.C., WinnCompanies is the #1 manager of affordable housing and a leader in developing and managing mixed-use properties, market rate properties and military housing.
Operations, sales, compliance, maintenance, marketing, IT, HR, accounting and finance. No matter your passion, your work at Winn will impact people who are more than just residents to us. They’re individuals, families and heroes.
- Job Family Maintenance
- Fort Campbell, KY, USA