STJ Sheet Cutting Operator 2nd Shift
Shape our common future: The Weidmann Group is, and has been for over 140 years, a leading global supplier of engineered products and services. Weidmann develops and manufactures
- high-voltage insulation materials, components and systems, predominantly from cellulose, as well as diagnostics and engineering services, and sensors and monitors for transformer manufacturers and operators (Business Area Electrical Technology)
- microfibrillated cellulose for innovative engineered applications (Business Area Fiber Technology)
- sophisticated injection-molded plastics applications for the medical and pharmaceuticals industries (Business Area Medical Technology)
The Weidmann Group, headquartered in Rapperswil-Jona, Switzerland, is active worldwide in more than 30 locations and employs a staff of 3’200.
Regularly set-up and operate complex machines to produce a wide variety of products within tolerance with minimal direct supervision.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- This position has significant environmental aspects/impacts associated with it: Hazardous Waste and Dust Emissions
- Apply knowledge of machines, tooling, and material to efficiently produce top quality parts.
- Perform routine operator maintenance on assigned machines, tools, and devices as necessary. Notify a superior of any condition requiring the attention of the Maintenance Department.
- Assist in ISO documentation, SPC, and process improvement.
- Maintain a clean working area.
- Set-up and operate machines of this class as primary activity.
- Be familiar with all aspects of the department and assist with operation of all machines as needed.
- Perform accurate material and labor reporting on SAP.
- Produce and ship products and services as required and specified.
- Perform other work as assigned.
- Work to acquire appropriate training.
- Adhere to all environmental, health, and safety procedures.
- Has the responsibility of understanding and carrying out assigned duties in conformance with customer and business requirements. Only known good work is forwarded
- Ensures that problems, errors and/or defects that surface in regard to products, documentation, procedures or materials are promptly brought to attention for correction.
- Provides support and input for continual improvement projects, preventative and corrective actions.
- Has the responsibility to halt or change a process if it is not achieving planned results.
- Must be able to work overtime, weekends and holidays as necessary.
- High School/Trade School Diploma is required.
- Must be able to read blueprints, use precision measuring instruments, interpret quality information and ISO documentation, and be able to implement shop-oriented mathematics and basic geometric calculations.
- Must be able to meet all physical requirements in accordance with the Essential Function Job Analysis.
The job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
To apply, click the "Apply Now" link above.
To see more open positions at Weidmann, click the link below.
We look forward to receiving your completed application!
- Pay Type Hourly
- 1 Gordon Mills Way, St Johnsbury, VT 05819, USA