STJ Cylinder Operator 1st Shift
Shape our common future: The Weidmann Group is, and has been for over 140 years, a leading global supplier of engineered products and services. Weidmann develops and manufactures
- high-voltage insulation materials, components and systems, predominantly from cellulose, as well as diagnostics and engineering services, and sensors and monitors for transformer manufacturers and operators (Business Area Electrical Technology)
- microfibrillated cellulose for innovative engineered applications (Business Area Fiber Technology)
- sophisticated injection-molded plastics applications for the medical and pharmaceuticals industries (Business Area Medical Technology)
The Weidmann Group, headquartered in Rapperswil-Jona, Switzerland, is active worldwide in more than 30 locations and employs a staff of 3’200.
Layout, produce, and/or assemble a variety of parts and assemblies involving the regular use of saws, drills, sanders, roll formers, scarfers, heated glue posts, ovens, wetting equipment and the intermittent use of layout equipment and/or any special purpose machine in the FAB shop.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- This position has significant environmental aspects/impacts associated with it: Hazardous Waste and Dust Emissions.
- Oil sprays the cylinder.
- Inspect and verify own work.
- Apply knowledge of layout, assembly, and finishing techniques to efficiently produce a variety of parts and assemblies of top quality.
- Perform routine operator maintenance on assigned tools, devices, and equipment as necessary to meet prime responsibility. Notify Team Leader of any condition requiring the attention of the Maintenance Department.
- Maintain a clean working area.
- Produce and ship products and services as required and specified.
- Adhere to all environmental, health, and safety procedures.
- Has the responsibility of understanding and carrying out assigned duties in conformance with customer and business requirements. Only known good work is forwarded.
- Ensures that problems, errors and/or defects that surface in regard to products, documentation, procedures or materials are promptly brought to attention for correction.
- Provides support and input for continual improvement projects, preventative and corrective actions.
- Has the responsibility to halt a process if it is not achieving planned results.
- Perform other work as assigned.
- Must be willing to work overtime, weekends and holidays if necessary.
- High School/Trade School Diploma is required.
- Must be able to read blueprints, understand production concepts and terminology, implement shop-oriented mathematics, understand basic geometry and use precision measuring and layout instruments.
- Ability to train less experienced Assembler/Finishers.
- Basic computer experience required.
- Must be willing to learn to operate fork truck.
- Must be able to stand/be on feet for long periods of time.
- Must be able to meet all physical requirements in accordance with the Essential Function Job Analysis.
The job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
To apply, click the "Apply Now" link above.
To see more open positions at Weidmann, click the link below.
We look forward to receiving your completed application!
- Job Family STJ Fabrication
- Pay Type Hourly
- 1 Gordon Mills Way, St Johnsbury, VT 05819, USA