As a Tax Manager, you will apply your knowledge to a wide range of tax areas and processes, devising strategic outcomes to some very complex issues.
This position is responsible for overseeing the tax team, reviewing and preparing assigned tax returns and other reporting requirements, maintaining necessary documentation and workpapers to support and execute transactions, tax planning, legal compliance work and other projects assigned.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supervise a motivated team of professionals and ensure that they have the skills, knowledge and opportunities to reach their full potential.
- Prepare and review Federal and State Partnership and S Corp returns related extensions and estimates.
- Prepare and review state and local tax returns (for 11 states and growing).
- Prepare and review accurate tax work papers.
- Conduct tax research on a variety of tax topics.
- Respond to Federal, state, and local tax notices.
- Conduct internal state and local tax compliance audits
- Tax Planning & Legal Compliance work.
- All other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelors’ degree in accounting; CPA and/or MST is preferred but not required.
- A minimum of 5 – 7 years’ tax experience in Public Accounting and/or a combination of Public Accounting tax experience and residential property tax accounting experience.
- Extensive knowledge in a broad range of real estate tax technical and transaction skills, including gain calculations, partnership taxation, REITs taxation and qualification, partnership allocations and tax compliance.
- Knowledge of preparation of Forms 1065 and 1120S.
- Knowledge of any tax software preferred.
- Familiarity with M-1 adjustments required.
- Knowledge specific to Real Estate such as the various depreciation methodologies and rules, changes in accounting methods and like-kind exchanges.
- Demonstrates ability to accurately meet deadlines and manage large volumes.
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a rapidly growing, fast-paced, interactive, results-based team environment.
- Requires a solid grasp of business concepts, realistic judgment, and quantitative and critical thinking skills.
- Requires the ability to maintain data integrity and accuracy and use data to identify and solve problems.
- Requires ability to plan, organize, and prioritize multiple tasks within a defined time period.
- Requires strong conceptual and analytical skills.
- Requires excellent interpersonal skills and a team player.
- Requires the ability to be self-motivated and work independently with minimal supervision. Also requires high degree of ethics and integrity.
- Requires ability to maintain confidentiality of all company information.
- Excellent Excel Skills
- Highly Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, Yardi, CCH Access, Fixed Asset CS and CCH Intelliconnect Research Software
- Pay Type Salary
- 30 Columbia Turnpike, Florham Park, NJ 07932, USA