This position is responsible for maintaining the day-to-day operations and to the physical asset of the property under the direction of the Maintenance Supervisor/Community Manager.
Responsibilities include completing all maintenance service requests as assigned, monitoring and maintaining all building systems. This position reports directly to the Maintenance Supervisor/Community Manager. Responsibilities include but, are not limited to:
- Maintain the physical condition of the property according to company operating and safety standards and ensuring that service requests and repairs are performed correctly and in a timely manner.
- Perform general maintenance repair tasks without endangering self, residents or fellow employees.
- Responsible for the completion of all maintenance service requests as assigned.
- Complete make-ready process of vacant apartments as directed by the Community Manager.
- Complete grounds work as directed by Community Manager which may include picking up trash, sweeping curb and dumpster areas and maintaining landscaping beds and other areas.
- Perform electrical maintenance to include but not be limited to replacement or repair of fixtures (e.g. wall, switches and outlets, incandescent and fluorescent bulbs and tubes, ballast, sockets, fuses, minor appliances, cords, etc.) using appropriate hand, power and specialty tools.
- Perform plumbing maintenance (e.g. replacement or repair of leaks in drains and faucets, unclogging of drains, trenching and laying new lines, replacing drain hoses on washers and similar devices, etc.).
- Perform painting, carpentry and masonry work (e.g. preparing surfaces and using brush, sprayer, or roller to apply paints, stains, and varnishes, hanging doors, fitting locks and handles, etc.).
- Reconfigure, install, position, and remount furniture, wall panels, work surfaces, storage bins, lighting, file cabinets, etc. using various hand, power and specialty tools, dollies and hand trucks.
- Prepare the surfaces and paints various structures and equipment (e.g. walls, refrigerators, evaporative coolers, floors, roofs, doors, restroom facilities, etc.) to preserve wood and metal parts from corrosion and maintain a safe, comfortable working environment using various painting equipment and related tools (e.g. sprayers, rollers, brushes, thinners, etc.).
- Clean rooms, hallways, lobbies, lounges, rest rooms, corridors, elevators, stairways, parking lots, and other work areas.
- Participate in company training classes and meetings as required.
- Special projects or additional duties assigned by supervisor that are essential for the operations of the property.
- Be observant for any problem which could be a hazard or potentially dangerous for residents, staff, guests and the public. This includes condition of pool gates, fencing, lighting, trip hazards, etc.
- This individual has no authorities to authorize, purchase and approve invoices within the corporate guidelines
- Appliance repair experience is preferred
- Requires the ability to read and write English fluently, and the ability to accurately perform basic to intermediate mathematical functions, which include addition, subtraction, multiplication, etc.
- Minimum of one to two years’ previous experience in property maintenance, other building maintenance or related trade.
- Requires the ability to diagnose problems with and repair the following:
- General carpentry
- Wallpaper painting
- Ice/snow removal
- Requires ability to transport or move up to 50 pounds variable distances, the mobility and flexibility to use ladders and to access and work in confined spaces or at heights in excess of eight to nine feet.
- Ability to move throughout the property to which assigned and have ability to climb stairs.
- Requires ability to deal well with people.
- Requires good communication skills.
- Requires strong customer service representation.
- Requires the ability to drive a car without jeopardizing the safety of prospects, residents, fellow employees or the general public.
- Requires individuals to furnish their own vehicle.
- Requires individual to be proficient in the use of general maintenance equipment, including, but not limited to, hand tools, paint equipment, ladders, freon recovery units, landscaping equipment, pool chemicals, ice removal equipment and required safety equipment.
- Requires the ability to work any of the seven days of the week, 52 weeks of the year. Due to the property staffing limitations, it is extremely critical that individuals be able to work their scheduled hours on a consistent basis and, if necessary, overtime hours when requested. Must be on call to perform services as scheduled or as necessary, including nights and holidays.
- Other licenses and certifications as required by state or federal law
- Pay Type Hourly
- 440 Cross Park Dr, Pearl, MS 39208, USA