Assistant Controller - San José and Santa Clara, CA
Working at Watlow
Are you looking for an opportunity to make a great living and be part of a thriving cross functional community? Watlow is a global technology and manufacturing leader who provides world class engineering expertise through innovative thermal products and systems, enabling our customers to thrive. We are making a positive impact every day as our solutions enrich the lives of people everywhere. We have been providing breakthrough thermal solutions for nearly a century. Our corporate values guide us uncompromisingly to always do the right thing, continually learn and improve, respect everyone and lead with service and humility.
An Opportunity to Grow with Us
Are you looking for an opportunity to make a great living and be part of a thriving cross functional community? Do you welcome challenges that allow you to leverage collaboration and autonomy to create opportunities leading to great products? Would you enjoy working in the world of fast-paced industrial technology? If so, we have an outstanding opportunity for you to join our Watlow team where we serve many of the world’s largest companies with leading technology and solutions.
Why Work at Watlow
Watlow is a global technology and manufacturing leader who provides world class engineering expertise through innovative thermal products and systems, enabling our customers to thrive. We are making a positive impact every day as our solutions enrich the lives of people everywhere. We have been providing breakthrough thermal solutions for nearly a century. Our corporate values guide us uncompromisingly to always do the right thing, continually learn and improve, respect everyone and lead with service and humility.
About the Role
In the role of Assistant Controller you will be located in our San Jose Advanced Development Center.
As the Assistant Controller you will analyze and communicate the financial results of the company providing insights to risks and opportunities in meeting corporate objectives and profitability
Find a challenging opportunity producing high-quality products that will serve leading companies in industries such as semiconductor manufacturing, sustainable energy production, medical equipment and food safety. You will contribute serving as a Subject Matter Expert managing day to day operations of Finance functions, analyzing trends and making recommendations to add value.
Working within our constructive culture as the Assistant Controller you will advance and develop your autonomy, mastery and purpose, through coaching and leadership provided by your team leader.
Watlow understands that you can’t do your best work if you don’t have a real understanding of the Watlow business as well as strong relationships with team members from across the organization. At Watlow you will have many opportunities, both formally and informally, to build and maintain the cross-functional knowledge and relationships that you need for a successful and rewarding career.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Understand business operations and the impact on all levels of the Enterprise
- Participate in strategic planning, forecasting, improving, and measuring performance. Help ensure that the effective linkage of strategies, tactics, metrics, and goals exist and are clearly understood by the team and reflected in the visual operating systems
- Analyze and make recommendations for planning unit profitability including improvement in productivity, cost reduction and operating asset management
- Ensures data integrity of the planning unit and enforces internal controls and policies
- Perform month-end closing activities and assist with the year-end financial audit
- Applies experience and expertise to reach solutions
- Solve complex problems
- Proactively influence, challenge and monitor the Plan, Do, Check, Act (PDCA) cycle.
- Facilitate, coach and mentor others
- Develop strong relationships and provide effective communication, prioritization, and alignment
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5 to 8 years of related experience
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) / Chartered Global Management Accountant (CGMA) certification preferred
- Project management experience preferred
- Value Stream Management (VSM) /Lean Accounting preferred
Benefits: The Watlow Total Compensation Plan
The health, well-being and financial stability of you and your family is a high priority to us. The Watlow Total Rewards Plan includes competitive compensation and a full range of life and career enhancing benefits:
- Annual Achievement Award
- 401(k) plan that includes a company match on your contribution and an annual company contribution that is tied to company performance
- Onsite wellness clinic
- Wellness incentives
- Employee Personal Assistance Program
- Dental, medical, vision and short-term and long-term disability insurance
- Paid holidays, personal time, and vacation
- Parental leave
- Tuition reimbursement
Diversity & Inclusion
We proactively embrace diversity in all its dimensions across our company and cultivate a culture of inclusion and forward thinking that respects and reflects each team member’s individual strengths, views, and experiences. Watlow takes pride in being an inclusive equal opportunity employer and considers for employment qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Please let us know confidentially if you need or require any special accommodations to participate in our recruiting process by emailing us at accommodations@Watlow.com.
- Job Family Finance
- Pay Type Salary
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree
- 3508 Bassett St, Santa Clara, CA 95054, USA
- Watlow, 6781 Via Del Oro, San Jose, California, United States of America