Supply Chain Analyst
Working at Watlow
Are you looking for an opportunity to make a great living and be part of a thriving cross functional community? Watlow is a global technology and manufacturing leader who provides world class engineering expertise through innovative thermal products and systems, enabling our customers to thrive. We are making a positive impact every day as our solutions enrich the lives of people everywhere. We have been providing breakthrough thermal solutions for nearly a century. Our corporate values guide us uncompromisingly to always do the right thing, continually learn and improve, respect everyone and lead with service and humility.
About the Role
The logistics analyst role at Watlow is challenging but rewarding. The primary focus is to provide analysis and leadership to develop, support and implement logistics programs to meet or exceed business objectives across Watlow. It is a highly interactive role providing an individual the opportunity to interact cross sectionally across the business. As the SME for logistics the role also takes on leadership responsibilities to work with internal and external customers/suppliers. in day-to-day activities to ensure raw materials and Finished goods are delivered in the most timely and cost-effective manner. Leads improvement efforts using tools and techniques in the Watlow Business System (WBS). The ideal candidate will be able to work individually as well as in teams.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Provide leadership to develop, support and implement logistics programs to meet or exceed business objectives across Watlow
- Work with Global trade compliance/RoHS Reach teams internally to continue enhancing the program maturity
- Collaborate with Corporate and Regional Logistics teams to develop and deploy logistics projects and initiatives.
- Manage carrier performance and facilitate carrier development
- Support implementation of programs and system improvements to improve efficiency, drive down overall logistics costs and improve service levels.
- Oversee freight payment and freight claims processes
- Support logistics regulatory and hazardous materials requirements
- Work with Supply Chain Managers across sites to reduce premium freight as a % of sales
- Partner with Strategic sourcing to make sourcing decisions considering total value to the Company including quality, service, technology, risk, compliance, and cost.
- Analyzing financial reports, price proposals and other information used to determine reasonable pricing
- Partner with Strategic sourcing, evaluating and monitoring contracts to ensure suppliers and vendors are complying with terms and conditions
- Attending conferences, trade shows and meetings to network with suppliers and learn about new industry trends
- Bachelor’s degree and or 5-8 years of experience.
- Knowledge of domestic transportation market, including customs and warehousing
- Management of 3rd party providers, including experience working with freight forwarders, carriers, brokers, and customs (import/export)
- Knowledge of transportation/logistics/supply chain concepts and strategies
- Knowledge of negotiating and implementing service agreements and contracts. Must be familiar with supplier performance metrics and key performance indicators.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to effectively influence all levels of management.
- Strong MS Excel, Word, and PowerPoint skills as well as experience with reporting tools such as Tableau and BW
- Develops relationships and provides effective communication, prioritization, and alignment across value streams, sites, business units, and functions
- Demonstrates capability for engaging with external business partners to provide seamless linkage of supply chain processes
- Excellent negotiation and problem-solving skills. Possess exceptional conflict resolution skills and is adept at dealing with situations involving conflict.
- Ability to work autonomously, with very minimal direction
- Understanding of other supply chain fundamentals. E.g., Logistics/Trade compliance
Benefits: The Watlow Total Compensation Plan
The health, well-being and financial stability of you and your family is a high priority to us. The Watlow Total Rewards Plan includes competitive compensation and a full range of life and career enhancing benefits:
- Annual Achievement Award
- 401(k) plan that includes a company match on your contribution and an annual company contribution that is tied to company performance
- Onsite wellness clinic
- Wellness incentives
- Employee Personal Assistance Program
- Dental, medical, vision and short-term and long-term disability insurance
- Paid holidays, personal time, and vacation
- Parental leave
- Tuition reimbursement
Diversity & Inclusion
We proactively embrace diversity in all its dimensions across our company and cultivate a culture of inclusion and forward thinking that respects and reflects each team member’s individual strengths, views, and experiences. Watlow takes pride in being an inclusive equal opportunity employer and considers for employment qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Please let us know confidentially if you need or require any special accommodations to participate in our recruiting process by emailing us at accommodations@Watlow.com.
- Job Family Supply Chain
- Pay Type Salary
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree
- 12001 Lackland Rd, St. Louis, MO 63146, USA
- 1241 Bundy Blvd, Winona, MN 55987, USA
- 2101 Pennsylvania Dr, Columbia, MO 65202, USA
- 6 Industrial Loop, Hannibal, MO 63401, USA