CI Facilitator - Supply Chain
About the Role
As a Continuous Improvement Facilitator, you’ll be exposed to many aspects of our business, meeting and helping people in various teams to drive rapid improvement. You will learn about Lean tools and processes and teach them to other members of the Supply Chain team. You’ll gain a better understanding how Lean is the basis for the Watlow Business System. You will help team members to make improvements to our processes by learning to see and eliminate waste and the frustration which is a result of that waste. You’ll learn critical leadership skills though the coaching forward process to help advance both your career and the careers of others at Watlow. You will be expected to facilitate multiple Rapid Improvement Events (RIE’s), help train members how to use the Lean tools and processes and support developing a more robust daily improvement process (Managing for Daily Improvement – MDI).
Watlow wants to develop future leaders and help existing leaders advance in the organization. The CI Facilitator role is a great way to be exposed and recognized across the organization for your technical and leadership acumen (event participation, problem solving, etc.) creating a great stepping stone to other opportunities within Watlow. You must be comfortable teaching and speaking in front of groups and with members at all levels in the organization. As we strive to continually improve our culture, all leaders need to be Lean leaders. This is a critical stepping stone for those desiring to advance in leadership roles.
Your Key Responsibilities will include
- Facilitating the application of Watlow Business System to identify and remove waste, reduce sources of variation and improve flow across the enterprise or within functional areas
- Facilitating, coaching, training and mentoring individuals and teams on the Watlow Business System tools
- Assisting in preparing charts, graphs, spaghetti diagrams, floor layouts, standard work documentation, tooling and value stream maps to illustrate workflow, while teaching others how to do it and how to use the information
- Utilizing A3 thinking and the 7 weeks cycle to help teams drive rapid improvement leading to improved performance to our customers while enhancing our internal performance
- Helping teams create A3’s, complete 7-week cycle checklists, validate sustainment. Reviewing Kanban information, and perform time observations with team members to identify waste and/or setup reduction opportunities
- Assist teams by teaching the principals of 6S / 7S and cell assessments so that they continue their drive towards world class performance
- Assisting teams in achieving strategy deployment initiatives by Managing for Daily Improvement (MDI), conducting Projects, Rapid Improvement Events (RIE’s) and Just Do-Its (JDI).
- Engage other team members in the improvement process
- High school diploma/ GED certificate
- 50% Travel
- Two-year degree or Technical Certificate preferred
- Continuous improvement experience (3-5 years) preferred
- Project Management and problem-solving experience preferred
- Mechanical aptitude; knows how to build and assemble tooling, fixturing, etc.
- Some leadership experience preferred
- Excellent communication and team building skills
Diversity & Inclusion
We proactively embrace diversity in all its dimensions across our company and cultivate a culture of inclusion and forward thinking that respects and reflects each team member’s individual strengths, views, and experiences. Watlow takes pride in being an inclusive equal opportunity employer and considers for employment qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
We salute veterans for their service to our country and respect the valuable skills, teamwork and leadership experiences they have acquired during their tours of duty. We encourage veterans to join Watlow and work alongside the many other veterans that we proudly call team members today.
COVID & Safety
Watlow is committed to providing a safe and healthy working environment for all of our current and prospective team members. Your safety is our top priority. Our hiring process is a combination of virtual telephone, in-person interviewing and onboarding activities. Please let us know confidentially if you need or require any special accommodations to participate in our recruiting process by emailing us at accomodations@Watlow.com.
- Job Family Continuos Improvement (CI)
- Pay Type Salary
- Travel Required No
- Required Education High School
- 12001 Lackland Rd, St. Louis, MO 63146, USA
- 2101 Pennsylvania Dr, Columbia, MO 65202, USA
- 6 Industrial Loop, Hannibal, MO 63401, USA