Warehouse Quality Specialist
We're an award-winning Midwestern distributor for Exxon-Mobil, Phillips 66, BP and other amazing brands, committed to operational excellence and exceptional service. #WeAreWallis
Warehouse Quality Specialist
Our promise to our team:A fun, rewarding, satisfying career where you are recognized with competitive pay, benefits, and potential for advancement!
Great Benefits!Benefits include comprehensive medical, dental, vision and any other benefit you can think of!2 days of paid time off after you are here with us for 90 days! You’ll be eligible for 401k retirement starting after just one year, with a generous employer match!
Great Educational Opportunities!We provide tuition reimbursement and have a dedicated Education Team to assist you in your journey of learning!
Great Referral and Recognition Programs!When you refer a new team member, you’ll get rewarded and recognized!
This position is located in our Pacific, MO warehouse
What we ask of you:
Equivalent to a high school diploma (required)
Minimum 6 months experience in a warehouse/inventory environment (required)
Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
Basic computer skills, comfortable using telephone and equipment
Strongly prefer CDL A or B, HazMat and Tanker endorsements, forklift experience, receiving equipment experience (pallet jack, dolly, hand truck, dock plate, etc)
Strong attention to detail and proactive communication
The ideal candidate will have CDL driving experience (manual transmission required), and ability to obtain HazMat/Tanker endorsements to serve as a back-up driver in addition to warehouse responsibilities.
The primary focus of this position is to minimize costs associated with risk, by ensuring correct products are picked from inventory and delivered to correct customers in a timely manner; our reputation depends on it!
When you join our team: The Warehouse Quality Specialist is accountable for receipt of all bulk shipments; repackaging of bulk products into drums, totes, or pails; safety, management of Lubricant inventory, and various other duties related to the lubricant warehouse plant. The Warehouse Specialist is also responsible for maintaining quality controls and records for receipt and storage of products; the position ensures repackaging operations of the plant meet or exceed standards defined in the company’s operation manual and/or MOBIL product integrity programs. Other responsibilities include:
- Manage handling of inventory to minimize contamination/damage and ensure that correct levels/products are received, stored, packaged, and shipped; use strong attention to detail
- Compile, enter, and track packaging, shipping, and receiving data related to warehouse performance metrics (KPI); analyze data to recommend improvements
- Ensure samples are taken, tested, logged and retained for each batch of product packaged/repackaged
- Analyze quality control test results and provide feedback and interpretation to production management or staff. Ensure accurate product levels and sizes on bulk and repackaged products in order to minimize backorders
- Create efficiencies related to processes and/or warehouse operations
- Focus on organizational and divisional goals continually
- Manage inventory of packaging supplies to ensure no disruptions of normal operations
- Ensure a safe, clean, and organized environment in work areas, warehouse, and grounds
- Maintain regular attendance and follow designated safety practices
- Perform other duties not listed as required.
The story began in 1968 when Bill Wallis purchased a small gasoline distributor in Cuba, Missouri.
Bill’s vision for the company was to be “A Premier Petroleum Company Delivering Exceptional Customer Service”, and the 1200 people at Wallis Companies work hard each day to continue to keep this promise alive.
Over the 50 plus year history, the Company has grown from the one store that Bill purchased at the beginning to a multi-state organization through investments in new sites, organic growth and major acquisitions.
We are waiting to meet you!Apply NOW!
Criminal Background check and federal DOT drug testing required, excluding marijuana. Adherence to uniform and professional appearance policy required.
- Pay Type Hourly
- 1 Midwest Dr, Pacific, MO 63069, USA
- Crawford County, MO, USA
- Fenton, MO, USA
- Franklin County, MO, USA
- St Clair, MO 63077, USA
- Union, MO 63084, USA
- Valley Park, MO, USA
- Washington, MO, USA