Retail Training Specialist
We're a proud Woman Owned Business, committed to doing good in our communities. We're an award-winning Midwestern distributor for Exxon-Mobil, Phillips 66, BP and other amazing brands, committed to operational excellence and exceptional service. #WeAreWallis
At On the Run, we focus on Safety First! We give customers a Clean first impression that lasts! We offer consistently Fresh food products! We promise exceptional Quick and Friendly service!
The Retail Store Trainer is responsible for interviewing, hiring, training and skill development of new team members in our Mobil on the Run and Dirt Cheap locations. Schedules, manages, and administers established programs designed to drive behaviors consistent with our training manual as well as our Wallis Core Values.
This position will be based out of Valley Park, Missouri.
Education: Required: Bachelor Degree or equivalent education and professional experience. Preferred: Specialized training in Retail or Restaurant / Hospitality environment, degree in Instructional Design, Learning and Development, Adult Education and/or 2-3 years front line experience in Retail or Restaurant / Hospitality.
Experience: Required: Facilitation of prior training and meetings with various levels of leadership; coaching for performance improvement; deliver training to drive key metrics. Ability to adapt and present new curriculum to achieve desired learning objectives.
Language Skills: Required: Ability to read, write, speak, and understand English in a manner that is sufficient for effective communication with groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public.
Skills and Abilities: Required: Ability to communicate in a professional and effective manner; Ability to follow procedures closely and pay attention to detail.Ability to maintain friendly, helpful demeanor with customers.Organizational and multi-tasking skills.Strong customer service mentality.
Technology, Tools, And Equipment:Required:Computer, Microsoft Outlook, Excel, copier/printer/fax, PowerPoint other office related equipment as necessary; Strongly Preferred: HRIS, retail/kitchen/cleaning equipment including POS, lottery terminal, ovens, cleaning chemicals and PPE experience
Certificates, Licenses and/or Registrations:Required:Driver’s license, MVR in compliance with company standards.
- Schedule, confirm and conduct final-round interviews in compliance with company procedure
- Deliver new hire training in compliance with the training manual, standards and expectations
- Administer candidate skill and behavior assessments according to company procedure, and document results in HRIS
- Order pre-employment drug tests and ensure strict compliance with company standards; document drug test results in HRIS
- Prepare weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports as required
- Determine department supply needs for hiring and training materials; collaborate with Store Manager to order products and maintain supplies
- Manage training content; deliver on updates to content as applicable
- Think critically, identify and share process improvements to enhance effectiveness of Retail education
- Cross-train, expand skills sets and competencies of new hires
- Serve as a member of the new employee onboarding team in order to fully immerse new hire in the culture of Wallis
- Solve practical problems and deal with variables in situations
- Work with management to identify performance gaps and help identify and develop solutions to improve individual and team performance
- Participate in company events, both internal and in the community
- Work an irregular schedule including some evenings and weekends
- Perform other duties not listed as required
- Pay Type Hourly
- Eureka, MO, USA
- Fenton, MO, USA
- Kirkwood, MO 63122, USA
- St Louis County, MO, USA
- St. Louis, MO, USA
- Valley Park, MO, USA