Thermal Processing Engineer
Looking for an opportunity to apply your passion for energy and sustainability? A place where you can make an important contribution in a collaborative, flexible work atmosphere? Energetics is seeking an engineer with thermal processing experience and knowledge of thermal processing manufacturing technologies, which may include electromagnetic and heat pump technologies. This new hire will work with our team in supporting our clients at the Department of Energy, Advanced Manufacturing Office (AMO). Program management support activities will include technical advising, analyses, and other research and development (R&D) program support. As part of your work, you’ll gain cutting-edge knowledge and contribute towards technologies, policies, and trends in industrial energy. Join our team at Energetics and help turn ideas into real impacts. Energetics is a subsidiary of VSE Corporation. This consultant will work in a highly collaborative atmosphere, interacting directly with government program managers. This position can be based in one of our existing offices or working remotely in the U.S.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Review and edit reports, talking points, articles, briefings, and presentations on subjects related to thermal processing.
- Participate, network, and help coordinate stakeholder engagements and discussions with our other experts in thermal processing.
- Conduct technical merit review for RD&D and Consortia concept papers and proposals. Provide technical support and documentation for R&D program management activities.
- Work closely with AMO program managers and staff in a fast-paced team environment.
- Perform market and technology assessments.
- Conduct technical, energy, environmental, and economic benefits analyses.
- Develop and contribute to technical communications (reports, white papers, fact sheets, research summaries, briefings).
- Engineer with a minimum of 5 years’ relevant experience with Bachelors degree (or 3 years with Masters or Ph.D degree)
- Industrial thermal processing experience (industry experience required; varied experience welcome)
- Interest in manufacturing energy efficiency strategies, decarbonization and low-carbon technologies in thermal processing.
- Excellent communication skills, including strong technical writing skills and an ability to tailor written and verbal communications for technical and non-technical audiences.
- In compliance with Executive Order 14042, any successful applicant for this position must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or obtain an accommodation from the vaccination requirement based on disability or sincerely held religious belief, on or before the start date
- 5+ years of thermal processing experience
- Experience with electrical process heating, including electromagnetic (e.g. induction, microwave, plasma) and heat pump technologies in place of traditional fossil fuel-fired heating and steam generation
The selected applicant will be subject to a background check and drug testing. Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States with no restrictions, U.S. Citizen or Permanent US Resident.
- Job Family Operations
- Job Function Engineer
- Pay Type Salary
- United States