Communications Specialist (Writer and Editor) - Subject Matter Expert
Job Summary: Looking to apply your passion for clean energy and sustainability in a collaborative, flexible work environment? Energetics is seeking a part-time communications specialist (writer and editor) to work on a variety of activities. This is a remote position. At Energetics, you’ll learn about technology innovations, policies, and trends while working in partnership with other consulting professionals in the energy, sustainability, and climate resilience fields. We work with the U.S. Department of Energy, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, and the National Institute of Standards and Technology as well as state and local energy offices. Successful candidates will take on a range of assignments in diverse areas, from energy efficiency, smart buildings, and climate resilience to renewable energy, power generation, electric vehicles, and artificial intelligence. Join our team and help transform ideas into impacts!
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide recommendations on communications approaches for clients.
- Draft PowerPoint presentations and talking points for senior officials and work with graphics specialists to produce creative, high-quality briefings that effectively convey client messaging.
- Provide recommendations for communication plans.
- Provide various levels of editing (from full edits to proofreading) for a range of report types and other written deliverables.
- Write and edit copy for a variety of content types including success stories, infographics, video scripts, fact sheets, newsletter articles, social media copy, media pitches, and press releases.
- Assist with the development of proposals.
- Ensure documents conform with client style guides.
- Bachelor’s degree in English, communications, policy, social sciences, economics, science, or closely related field with 8+ years of related work experience
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Excellent grammar skills
- Ability to synthesize and concisely convey technical information to technical and non-technical audiences
- Ability to think creatively
- Ability to pay keen attention to accuracy and detail
- Ability to produce high-quality deliverables on schedule and prioritize multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Authorized to work in the United States with no restrictions, U.S. Citizen, or Permanent U.S. Resident
- Please submit a cover letter with a detailed explanation of how your skills and background align with the needs and qualifications of the position.
- Prior experience in government consulting or supporting government organizations
- A Master’s degree is preferred, but not required
- Strong interest in energy, climate, sustainability, or resilience
- Understanding of layouts/techniques to engage target audiences
- Expertise or prior experience/interest in developing videos, animation, or graphic representations of complex concepts or working with graphics specialists to do so.
- Job Family Operations
- Job Function General Strategy Consultants
- Pay Type Hourly
- Clinton, NY 13323, USA
- Columbia, MD, USA
- San Diego, CA, USA
- Washington, DC, USA