SUMMARY: Energetics seeks interns with strong research and analytical skills to join our team. Candidates will assist with a variety of tasks for our clients and for internal projects. Tasking could include information/data collection, management, and analysis; technology research; information synthesis for report and presentation development; and providing general assistance for evaluation of business, regulatory, and policy trends. Interns will work on exciting projects in diverse energy and resilience fields, including sustainable transportation (electric vehicles, autonomous vehicles), advanced manufacturing, energy-efficient buildings, renewable energy, infrastructure protection, and climate (resilience, adaptation, carbon management, decarbonization). Many projects focus on the cutting edge of science and technology trends – providing opportunities to grow your knowledge and skills in areas important to a resilient and sustainable world.
This paid internship typically spans 8 to 12 weeks (though longer is possible) with flexible start and end dates. In light of the ongoing limitations related to the pandemic, both onsite and remote candidates will be considered for 2022 internships. Onsite candidates can work in one of four offices (Columbia, MD, Washington, DC, San Diego, CA, and Clinton, NY). Compensation for this internship will be commensurate with experience. Interns will be asked to complete a capstone or defined project under the guidance of a supervising staff or team.
Please submit a resume and cover letter with a detailed explanation of how your skills and background align with the needs and qualifications of the position when you apply, along with a writing sample (e.g., written report or paper).
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Works independently or as a member of a team.
- Provides research and data collection support in specialties such as energy, resilience, climate, economics, policy, programs, management, systems development, market research, and/or statistical and program analysis.
- Assists with data management and analysis, including creating and managing databases.
- Prepares and maintains program materials, communications, reports, etc.
- Collects R&D project and program information; summarizes results in draft reports.
- Synthesizes technical information for technical and non-technical audiences
- Develops and contributes to technical communications (e.g., presentations, fact sheets, reports, briefings)
- Conducts data-related research and analysis of statistics, trends, costs, and other benefits of technologies and government-supported research programs
- Provides project management support
- Conducts internet and literature research, including papers and reports on specific topics and summarizing relevant findings.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Standing Junior working toward Bachelor’s degree or recent graduate in Public Policy, Public Administration, Economics, Engineering, Business Administration, Computer Science, or related field.
- 0-6 months of related experience (prior internships included)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with MS Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- In compliance with Executive Order 14042, any successful applicant for this position could be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or obtain an accommodation from the vaccination requirement based on disability or sincerely held religious belief, on or before the start date.
- Graduate students working toward a Master’s degree will also be considered.
- Strong interest in energy efficiency and clean energy, and sustainability
- Familiarity with information and data analysis
- Pay Type Hourly
- Bellingham, WA, USA
- Clinton, NY 13323, USA
- Columbia, MD, USA
- Lafayette, CO, USA
- San Diego, CA, USA
- Washington, DC, USA