Aircraft Worker (Plane Captain)
NAS, JACKSONVILLE, FL, 6801 Roosevelt Blvd, JACKSONVILLE, Florida, United States of America Req #1666
Friday, July 1, 2022
VSE Corporation is seeking an AIRCRAFT WORKER (PLANE CAPTAIN) for our worksite in Jacksonville, FL to perform the following duties:
- Seeking candidates to perform line functions including aircraft launch and recovery, towing evolutions, and support equipment delivery in support of Navy P-3 and P-8 aircraft operations.
- Must have one (1) year O-level aircraft maintenance experience, with six (6) months line operation experience. Must acquire and maintain plane captain qualifications. Prior experience with U.S. Navy operations on P3/P8 Aircraft highly preferred.
- Directs incoming and outgoing aircraft near hangar area to assist pilots maneuvering of the aircraft on ground, using hand or light signals.
- Secures aircraft in parking position with chocks, tie down chains, and grounding wires. Performs Daily, Turnaround and preflight inspections, fueling/de-fueling and engine oil servicing.
- Checks for fuel contamination by draining samples from low point drains.
- Operates ground support equipment such as electrical power supply, tow tractors, light carts, and engine starting units. Cleans exterior or interior of aircraft, using portable platform ladders, brushes, rags, water hose, and vacuums interior floors of aircraft.
- High School graduate or equivalent with one (1) year o-level aircraft maintenance experience.
- Prior experience with U.S. Navy operations on P3/P8 Aircraft highly preferred.
- Knowledge and use of special tools/equipment required to perform assigned maintenance tasks is mandatory.
- Ability to read and interpret technical publications, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Must be able to meet physical requirements associated with and/or pass any medical examination requirements related to performing daily assigned tasks.
- There is a great deal of standing, climbing, bending, and stooping. Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Work is performed primarily outdoors under all types of weather conditions with exposure to loud noise and exhaust fumes.
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the English language.
- Shift work and detachment required.
- Current Secret Clearance preferred - the ability to obtain and maintain a Secret Clearance is required for continued employment.
- Valid drivers’ license is required.
- Eligibility for (and ability to maintain) CAC and Special Access Badge.
- The selected applicant will be subject to a background check, drug testing, DMV check.
- In compliance with Executive Order 14042, any successful applicant for this position must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or obtain an accommodation from the vaccination requirement based on disability or sincerely held religious belief, on or before the start date.
- Think Analytically, Effective Verbal Communication, Effective Written Communication, Make Decisions, Observe/Examine Details, Remember Details, Interpret Data, Discriminate Colors, Concentrate on Tasks, Adjust to Changes, Handle Stress/Emotions.
- Regular Attendance, Maintain Work Schedule, Irregular Hours, On Call Hours, Attend Meetings, Meet Deadlines, Keyboard/Type, Use, Math/Calculations, Stay Organized, and Operate Equipment.
- Stand, Sit, Walk, Talk, Climb (Stairs/Ladders), Push or Pull, Balance, Bend, Stoop, Kneel, Crouch, Craw, Reach, Talk, Hear, See, Repetitive Motion, Eye/Hand Coordination, Fine Manipulation, Lifting Up to 50 Pounds, Carrying Up to 50 Pounds.
- Fumes/Mists, Gases/Odors, Dust/Dirt, Wet/Slippery Surfaces, Humid, Extreme Temperatures, Mechanical Hazards, Electrical Hazards, Chemical Hazards, Radiant Energy Hazards, Explosives Hazards, Burn Hazards, Vibration, Sharp Objects/Tools, Heavy Machinery, Moving Parts, Noise.
VSE is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability, Protected Veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
- Job Family Operations
- Pay Type Hourly
- NAS, JACKSONVILLE, FL, 6801 Roosevelt Blvd, JACKSONVILLE, Florida, United States of America